KU to the Big Ten

• Here comes the Big Ten. 300 million dollars to improve the football facilities, stadium, practice field. Astonishing. I’m thinking it will be the Clones, Silo Tech, and us that make the jump. Home and Home bb with MSU, the Candy Stripers, and Wisky. Nice…

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/kansas-planning-to-spend-300-million-to-renovate-its-stadium/

• Unless the Big 10 goes beyond 16, it’ll be KU and one other program in a new TV market since that’s what has driven Big 10 expansion. 4 mega conferences is the end game here and was made loud and clear when both ESPN and Fox were adamantly against Big 12 expansion.

KU does appear to be in great position to move over to Big 10 when the Big 12 TV contract expires and the league dies.

• KU moving to the Big 12 would require a tectonic quake and subduction in the Texas/Oklahoma/Kansas oil and gas basin.

• @Texas-Hawk-10

This is very simple.

The Big Ten can make the most money by adding the Big 12 intact and becoming the Big 20-24.

One annual playoff game between the winner of the Northern conference (old Big Ten champ) and Southern conference (old B12 champ) solves the problem of getting to 4 power conferences easily.

But deep regional political economy issues stand in the way.

So: if the Trump coalition of Exxon-Mercer-KOCH has successfully divided Texas between Exxon-MERCER-KOCH vs. the Bushista-Brit oilers, then KU alone, or an Okie school and KU, could be cherry picked INTO the B10 to increase TRUMP coalition influence in B10 regional political economics.

But how the TRUMP COALITION fares depends on how the Rothschilds, the Vatican and the combined Black Nobility banking with the Rothschilds in London want the Trump coalition to play out. If they want the Trump Coalition to prevail, then what happens to the Texas-Oklahoma-Kansas oil and gas alliance built by the old Anglo-American alliance will follow the preferences of new Exxon-Mercer-Koch alliance. But if theRothschilds just wanted to shake things up a little to get the war for their former gas reserves in Iran back, well standing pat may be most likely.

There is still great clout in keeping the Texas-Oklahoma-Kansas oil and gas alliance in tact.

But man, oh, man, would Exxon-Mercer -Koch like to get their hands on the Great Lakes water and the massive oil and gas reserves under the Great Lakes? I bet yes. Water and oil remain the quest all over the world including USA. If moving KU, or the whole Big 12 into the BIG TEN improves that long term goal, it’s a done deal. Not if not.

• jaybate 1.0 said:

KU moving to the Big 12 would require a tectonic quake and subduction in the Texas/Oklahoma/Kansas oil and gas basin.

…and all this time I thought KU was already in the Big 12, imagine my surprise, and did no even require a click of the gas pump at my local Quick Trip. 😃

• Bill Self couldn’t win the Big 10 and until he wins the national title again this all means nothing. He’s a choker … just beating @elpoyo to it; so now it’s said.

Seriously, though, I am 100% on board for the Big 10. That’s the right spot. Michigan, Indiana, Purdue, MSU in hoops. Wow.

• JayHawkFanToo said:

jaybate 1.0 said: “KU moving to the Big 12…” …and all this time I thought KU was already in the Big 12, imagine my surprise… 😃

Well, maybe if we get the football program back on track it could mean full membership in the B12…

• HighEliteMajor said:

Bill Self couldn’t win the Big 10 and until he wins the national title again this all means nothing. He’s a choker … just beating @elpoyo to it; so now it’s said.

anything to end the worthless streak!!!

• @elpoyo Do you want the Big 12 streak to end? If so, why?

I’ve heard that suggested among some, saying it is a distraction from the real goal. I fall in the camp that I want to win every game, and winning every game mean winning the Big 12. My only caveat is that I want to be prepare for the NCAA tourney, and if that might mean sacrificing a few wins to be ready, in certain cases, that works.

• Mr. Hat and Mr. Garrison are having a disagreement. Oh My…

• JayHawkFanToo said:

jaybate 1.0 said:

KU moving to the Big 12 would require a tectonic quake and subduction in the Texas/Oklahoma/Kansas oil and gas basin.

…and all this time I thought KU was already in the Big 12, imagine my surprise, and did no even require a click of the gas pump at my local Quick Trip. 😃

Big 12 was a Typo.

I meant Big 14.

Howling!!!

• @mayjay

Hey…we almost beat TCU and did beat Texas, should be enough to make KU a full member of the Big 12…we are talking the Big 12, right?