Spooky Non Recognition of D-Day Yesterday, June 6th, 2017

• (Author’s note: this is not about basketball.)

I am in my 60s and I cannot recall a previous June 6th, when at least some mention of the anniversary of the Allied invasion of Normandy, France, on June 6, 1944 was not mentioned.

Has the New World Order’s Deep State decided D-Day is to be cast down the Memory Hole? What is the probability that most of the MSM outlets failed to mention D-Day, June 6, 1944?

We are reminded of Adolph Hitler, Nazism, and the Holocaust frequently throughout the year, but the largest amphibious assault in human history–the landing of the Allied Expeditionary Force in Normandy, France that led eventually to the liberation of several of the Nazi death camps, to say nothing of ending the Nazi tyranny–is now not even a footnote?

Orwell would feel right at home.

• @jaybate-1.0 Thought it was weird myself. If it makes you feel any better my family had a personal discussion.

• I saw stuff around here, but SC is a military-reliant state and Columbia is right next to Ft Jackson, which incidentally celebrated its 100th anniversary.

http://www.thestate.com/news/state/south-carolina/article154549574.html

@jaybate-1-0 I googled “D Day” and hit the News tab. Try it, and go through several pages of links. You will find that there were all types of articles, shows, and tv news segments about D Day nationally and in local media. Many are focused on the fewer and fewer survivors of the invasion. Others seem focused on “little known” aspects. But it hasn’t been forgotten.

Every year on June 6, of course, “Peanuts” still runs Charles Schulz’s heartfelt tribute showing Snoopy slogging past the beach barricades in the Normandy surf.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2015/06/06/d-day-how-peanuts-still-salutes-those-who-fought-71-years-later/

• I saw a piece on a D-Day veteran yesterday. Sadly, as @mayjay says, there are just so few still around. I remember thinking the same thing last December with Pearl Harbor. There just aren’t many veterans of those battles still around. The youngest WWII veterans are now in their upper 80s or early 90s. Those stories just don’t get passed down as much anymore - my grandfather fought in the Pacific theater. I heard those stories when I was younger when he would talk about it, but I doubt my younger cousins heard much about it because of the difference in age.

• When I saw (Saving Private Ryan) at the KC premiere, I saw several of the Vet’s that had been invited to the screening crying during the half hour sequence of the landing at Omaha Beach. These gentlemen in their 80’s and 90’s were truly the greatest generation.

• My wife works at a VA hospital and I volunteered there. The WWII and Korea vets alway seem to be the kindest and gentlest, and most appreciative of any help given.

• @mayjay

Thanks for dredging up what seemed absent. It was not absent, that is good. But I was not alone in perceiving that it was not apparently not reflected on as pervasively as in the past. For what its worth, I don’t think the number of living vets should matter. The remembrance is as much national, as individual. There are no Civil War survivors left, but we do not forget to commemorate it. There are certain events in human history that should outlive in collective memory (and in commemoration) the generations that lived them.

• Did anyone see an anchor on CBSNBCABCCNNFOXMSNBC remark during their evening news broadcasts on D-Day on this most recent June 6th?

• @jaybate-1.0 I think the 70th anniversary was the climax in recent remembrance at least, and we are in the denouement. For the current generation, the invasion was an important event–they just don’t know it as well as those of us who grew up with it fresh.

• @mayjay

Regarding such major events, it appears the Deep State decides and then effects through its MSM what we are to remember culturally and what is to recede in our cultural memory.

We are apparently supposed to remember the Jewish Holocaust and the vicious Nazis. I do, even though I wasn’t born then. I hate the Nazis and feel bad for the Jews. Currently, I am not sure to what degree I am to remember the Gypsies and Catholics, and anti-Nazis that were mass murdered and/or worked to death by the Nazis. But I do. I can’t help myself. I don’t feel I get much media cuing about these other folks, but I’ll be damned if I don’t remember them. Maybe its because one side of my family was Catholics from Prague and the Nazis never treated Czechs very well. Regardless, I feel bad for them, too.

We are supposed to remember the JFK assassination. Interestingly, our media–MSM and alternate media–tell us to hold in our head two mutually exclusive explanations. No one remembers Oswald did it alone. Everyone remembers Oswald did it alone and there was a conspiracy. This is what our government told us. He did it alone. There was a conspiracy.

It is intriguingly similar with MLK, whom we are to remember each year was shot by a lone gunman, James Earl Ray, and by a conspiracy. But we are not supposed to remember that the King family won a verdict a Civil Court that King was NOT killed by a lone gunman, but rather killed by a conspiracy. Peculiar at least.

Its increasingly similar with Pearl Harbor. We are supposed to remember that Admiral Kimmel and the Army General did not receive intelligence of exactly when the Japanese fleet was ready to attack, plus we are supposed to remember that that intelligence existed in American and British intelligence intercepts and had reached many hands, but not President Roosevelt’s hands, and that British Intelligence, which reputedly knew the intelligence, and reputedly operated an extensive spy ring in USA that reputedly reported often to FDR, did not withhold it from FDR and other Americans in hopes of a successful attack propelling USA into WWII. Remember both.

Its kind of like the more inconvenient facts float about the more Americans are supposed to remember complicated, often contradictory explanations, rather than actually figuring out what the hell happened, whereas when things are simple and lacking inconvenient facts, Americans are either supposed to remember, or forget major events, depending on some kind of strategic expedience for the Deep State.

Put another way, it seems it is preferred that we remember mutually conflicting versions of history, where there are inconvenient facts floating around.

But often, when those inconvenient facts can be marginalized, or never revealed, a single, simple forgetting is enabled, or marginalized, via controlled mass media.

And it appears unequivocal, at least for now, after the last disgraceful year and a half, if we ever doubted so before, that a Deep State appears completely and tightly in control of messages put out by the MSM.

Note: I strongly suspect that we will very shortly begin to be enabled to remember this last year and a half spectacle of naked controlled intervention of the Deep State into the MSM in at least two, or maybe even more, contradictory ways, in keeping with other major historical events where there are an abundance of inconvenient facts.

I currently both remember when the Deep State was not admitted to exist and when it became commonly talked about. It appears this is how it wants to be thought of and remembered right now, while it tries to shape shift and recede back into the shadows a bit more.

We are apparently not supposed to remember the Philippine holocaust 1900-1908, the Armenian holocaust of WWI, the East Timor holocaust of the 1970s, or the Cambodian holocaust shortly after Vietnam.

It varies from holocaust to holocaust.

It even varies how we are to remember what we are engineered to remember.

First we were not to remember the Native American mass murder as a holocaust at all.

Now we are to remember it as a Trail of Tears, even though that was a tiny part of the near genocide of native Americans.

I was blessed with a good, but hardly perfect, memory for much of my life. The ascent of blatant mind control by the Deep State has been unsatisfactory to me because of it. I don’t forget a lot of the things I am apparently supposed to forget, or remember in the engineered way I am apparently supposed to remember them. It creates more than a little cognitive dissonance. Fortunately, as I age, I sense that my memory has become less accurate and so I can be more satisfied with the antic mind control aimed all our ways.

Here’s a funny, as in puzzling, example that I am, alas, not yet demented enough to forget, or placidly accept.

We are to remember that we are responsible for imperiling our climate. But how we are to remember the climate peril we cause changes. Note: I have no wish to get into the scientific debate of anthropomorphic climate dynamics. Science changes and I know too much about quantitative analysis to try to unsnag the vast body of research and modeling assumptions and methodological flaws without being paid. I am just talking about how MSM pedals it all to us.

First we were causing global cooling, then we were causing global warming, then we were causing global climate change, now I am beginning to be told to remember we are causing global climate. Its at least vexing.

In the age of XTReme mind control and mass media controlled by a six player media producer oligopoly following orders of the Deep State, what we remember apparently has less and less to do with whether we were alive to experience it, or not.

I was alive to experience Trump win the electoral college but not the popular vote, and Bernie Sanders to win California but have it taken away from him.

Soon I may be told to remember that Trump did not win either, and that Sanders did not win California.

It is clear to me that I am supposed to both remember and forget the Congressional report on US Torture under Dubya Bush that was authorized investigated under Obama, because I read somewhere that the few copies of it that reputedly exist are reputedly being hurriedly collected apparently to be withheld from public memory.

Cultural memory seems increasingly subject to strategic expedience of the Deep State’s needs and the mind control capabilities of its MSM.

But who can remember for sure. I can’t. 🙂

• @jaybate-1.0 Fox News mentioned Dday several times during the day and night. Showed pictures of that day on the beaches.

I played Call of Duty, World at War (old game that never gets old, you get to shoot all the guns, but I dont like the de-tuned Springfield rifle. A .3006 is a .3006 regardless of what gun shot it!). I ordered some dvds about Panthers and Tigers and Shermans.

I absolutely bludgeoned myself by reading of the meatgrinder of the Eastern Front.

War and remembrance. Those who forget, simply must brace themselves for mankind’s limitations, as we’ll keep repeating our usual blunders.

• @JhwkrRedLegs

Thx to Fox!!!

Maybe I just didn’t surf enough.

And hope you had some fun playing your computer game. My recollection is the ought six Springfield was the manual bolt action standard of US Forces in WWI, and was used some in WWII, but the semi auto M1 Garand was the standard issue ASAP. I recall also that the Springfield was considered a highly accurate rifle at considerable distances and used by snipers in WWII. My father said he qualified as a marksman during his Marine Corps training before WWII actually started with a Springfield and commented it shot arrow straight at 600 yards without need for a scope and with standard issue loads. He was a good shot though. I haven’t played that game you refer to, so I don’t know if it is designed to highly reward that sort of accuracy, or not. I also recall him saying that as an officer he always carried a standard issue M1 Carbine, which he found light and useful in close quarters. But he was emphatic that in a combat situation he and any Marine he knew would seek out the first BAR they could find, not an M1 Rifle, or Carbine. No one wanted to carry a BAR, he said, because they were heavy and their carriers were targeted by Japanese soldiers in ambushes and sniper fire. But he said everyone looked for a BAR once the shooting started.

• @jaybate-1.0 maybe WGSN decided D Day is out of fashion… http://99percentinvisible.org/episode/the-trend-forecast/

• @approxinfinity

Thx for the link.

• @mayjay and @justanothfan

Why do the number of US military survivors remaining cause this apparently significant, asymmetric cuing by MSM regarding some major, even decisive, WWII events versus others?

I don’t follow this logic.

I wasn’t alive for anything that happened in WWII. Neither were either of you, apparently. Likely few in the official state, or in the reputed Deep State, or the MSM that unrefuted leaks apparently indicate a reputed Deep State significantly influences, were adults alive during WWII.

So: why would apparent asymmetry in MSM reinforcement of mass memory of WWII events be triggered by the number of survivors of the events? I would have guessed it would have triggered symmetrical failure to cue mass memory.

What am I missing?

• @jaybate-1.0 Tens of thousands of minor intervening events and a few hundred major events, and a few catastrophic events, such as 9/11, plus all the current events, plus the dilution of media channels by exponential factors, are the reason historical events tend to be accorded less attention.

• @mayjay

The question was why an asymmetric cuing effect?

So: how would these ensuing events you suggest, like 9/11, etc., in some conjunction with the declining number of US military survivors, trigger apparent asymmetric cuing by MSM of WWII memory of a current population largely not alive during WWII?

I still don’t follow this logic.

• @jaybate-1.0

Despite a couple years of exposure, I have never understood your meaning of asymmetric, so I wasn’t speaking to that. Sorry!

• @mayjay2

You appear to indicate an abiding difficulty in understanding my use of “asymmetric” over a period of years, but you do not indicate an abiding difficulty with the meaning of “asymmetric” over the same period of time.

I’m not sure what to make of that.

• @jaybate-1.0

@mayjay2 was my asymmetric alter-ego created when our profiles got zapped. 🤠

• Thanks for the ID clarification. No disrespect intended. I didn’t have that problem of needing to create a second ID for some reason. Maybe you can ask @approxinfinity to clear that other alias to minimize such future mistaken salutations.

Regardless, I still don’t understand your indicated multi year struggle with my use of “asymmetric” vs. your apparent grasp of the meaning of “asymmetric.”

• @jaybate-1.0 My understanding may be asymmetrical and therefore my opinion uninformed… Actually, I missed the first few times you used the term in discussing recruiting, etc, so I am not sure how it extends to things like media coverage. So, I gracefully (or not) bow out lest I get in over my head. Like now!

• @mayjay

Regardless, let us both rejoice on this day of Comey’s Senate testimony that we are both symmetrically grateful we are NOT agents of a reputed Deep State and so NOT tasked with the reputed Deep State’s restoration efforts in USA and UK. Having a Deep State and a Shallow (?) state is too much complexity for me, to say nothing of it seeming possibly unconstitutional. I liked the old days when we just had a State. God only knows what must really be going on in Washington right now!

Rock Chalk!

• @mayjay

@jaybate-1-0 gets internet brownie points every time he uses highfalutin words such as asymmetric or a variation thereof and hence his constant use of that and a couple of other words. I get the same points whenever I use thereof and hence…🤑👍

• @mayjay

JayHawkFanToo said:

@mayjay

@jaybate-1-0 gets internet brownie points every time he uses highfalutin words such as asymmetric or a variation thereof and hence his constant use of that and a couple of other words. I get the same points whenever I use thereof and hence…🤑👍

What this web site needs is more gaslighting and spear phishing!!!

HOWLING!!!

I have been trying to be more self doubting and to put myself out there for more discrediting to be a mensch.

In this hollowed out economy, I want to help folks that might need to moonlight.

💅🏻😇

• Buffer space for future responses!!!

😂

• @jaybate-1.0 Rock chalk backatcha!

• More buffer space!!!💅🏻

• @JayHawkFanToo We used to work really hard to get “thus” into legal analyses.

• More buffer space

• 💅🏻

• Summertime threads with Jaybate. 🎸 Because there ain’t no cure for the Summertime muse.

• Buffer space.

• @wrwlumpy

Say, who is this “Jaybate” alias? Is he trying to steal the thunder from @jaybate 1.0? Or is it some accidental by-product of updating the site? 😧

• Deleting @jaybate-2-0 did not behave as expected. Instead of purging the account it seems to have left a global guest account that is resolving as one of the options when Auto completing @jayb … Minor annoyance. Shrug

• @approxinfinity

HOWLING!!!