Combine on

• Watching the combine this afternoon, seen some ol timers. Brings back the day.

Saw Jerry West - -Who remembers the days with Jerry West and Gail Goodrich - -Man always thought they were a hell of a pair. As I remember those two were some of the ones I first started watching pretty close in watching NBA. - -those were the days. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Mason played very well and there were plenty of scouts etc that expressed such.

Having the 2nd best vertical is going to help him get drafted, “Hudyized”.

5’11 in socks, 6ft in shoes. We knew that coming in.

Svi shot well in the drills I think 70%… Scrimmage, not so much

• @BeddieKU23 I think Mason could jump like that before he came to KU

• Been looking, trying to scope out. Would love to see the results of how our guys fared in their drills/tests that they did yesterday haven’t been able to find anything anywhere. I mean I heard that Frank had the 2nd highest at 41 inches but other the that, haven’t been able to find anything about like their 3/4 court sprint - the shuffle or what have ya.

I tried pulling up went under NBA 2017 combine trial results but didn’t find much. Any ideas? - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @BeddieKU23 I hope Frank doesn’t get drafted. I’d rather him pick where he wants to go and where his agent thinks he could make a roster. It really is almost better to end up as one of the top undrafted players than drafted late in the 2nd round.

• @Kcmatt7

There seems to be some positive movement that he may end up somewhere in the 2nd round. I just hope he lands somewhere where he fits.

For Frank, I’m sure he wants to be drafted, he deserves it

• @Kcmatt7

You mean like Isaiah Thomas that was selected at #60 with the last pick of the draft? 😏

• Ahhh, success. Found results. Man they really go through all kinds of drills.

Frank in Agility tests results, ones they he participated in yesterday: 3/4 sprint: - 3.18 sec - - -Standing vertical- - 34 inches - - Max Vertical - 41 inches. - - Didn’t participate in the ( shuttle run , or maximum bench press yesterday.

SVI only did Lane agility - - 12.40 sec - -Umm not good, & Max Vertical 33.0 inches - -WOW Frank 8 inches better then SVI.

Then in Shooting Frank didn’t do any of those yesterday BUT SVI did.

It’s crazy all the different places they test: - They have off dribble 15 ft Break Left - - -off dribble 15 ft Break Right - -off DribbleTop of key - -On the move 15: Found out one thing or so it seems: - - SVI shooting as far as fro the right - - much lower pct: - - On the spot up shooting breaking right - -20% - - - - -shooting off the dribble right - - 25% - - -where as Spot up Break left 100% - - Breaking left off the dribble --50%

SVI on his spot up shooting very good. the only two bad areas for him was breaking right 20% - -& College corner right 40% - -but other the that -really good: - -Brk Left 100% - -Corner left 80% - - Corner Right 100% - -Top of Key 100% - -Corner break Left 80% -Corn Break Right 80% College Corner Left 80% - -College Top of Key 100%.

Probably they do the drills that they didn’t do yesterday right? Frank will probably do his shuttle run, Lane agility probably I dunno anyways just kind of curious to see how they did - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @BeddieKU23 - -Ya I found all the results thanks. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @BeddieKU23

I have seen a couple of mock drafts that now have Mason in the first round. I am guessing that it will depend in great part on what players are available at any particular time and what are the needs of the team selecting.

• @JayHawkFanToo here we go! The Unstoppable Frank Mason!

• Here are a couple of tweets related to Svi and Frank…

0_1494597821204_upload-0aa07312-0820-42cf-839a-bb0a3e96ca92

• Here is another…

0_1494597933492_upload-c9de0793-d256-4f21-8e28-427cbf957da0

• @JayHawkFanToo Yea who is now on his 3rd team in only 6 seasons… He finished 30 games under .500 3 years with Sacremento. He then signed with Phoenix and they started Bledsoe over him. Didn’t even make it a season before he was traded to Boston. Someone finally gave IT a chance.

Maybe Frank can just skip the first two teams and pick the right team the first go around. And not end up in contract hell like IT is.

• Well read an article from the KC Star that was written last night at 8:46 p.m

It SVI has stated that if ANY team says they will take he will probably STAY in the draft.

He has had interviews this week with Houston, Golden State, & the Los Angles Lakers, he also says at this time no more interviews were scheduled. - -If any team says they will take him, he will stay - -but so far those promises haven’t come yet. Says his preference is to stay in United States and play in the NBA. - -Doesn’t really want to pursue ball over sea’s.

His lane agility time was no better then the average Big Man - -BUT he twisted his left ankle yesterday late in his scrimmage he says. - -His vertical was no better then 27th out of the 43. - -Not good signs. then depending how bad his ankle is - -going to be hard for him today to show well - -we shall see. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @Kcmatt7

Isaiah Thomas played well all along (2nd team All_Rookie) and in his year with Phoenix he had surgery and was injure and although did not star at a lot of games he still played a lot of minutes. His stats are very good all along and he was traded not because he was not a good player but because he had decent trade value and there were team interested in his skill set. Had he not had the setting to showcase his skills, he might not be where he is now. Just sayin’…

0_1494599068584_upload-52d81195-0dda-46c7-a5a6-9f20c99d3f2b

• @jayballer54

The reason for testing from those spots is that those are game style shooting drills.

Off the dribble 15 ft left or right break is a classic PnR pullup jumper. That’s a shot you see Chris Paul take a lot out of the PnR.

Off the dribble top of the key is the pullup you often see Steph Curry take when the defense sags.

The spot up moving right and left simulates shooting off flare screens - the Cavs do this a lot with Kyle Korver. The Warriors do the same with Klay Thompson.

And of course, the rest of the set spots are simulating the kick outs that come from dribble penetration. Hitting 90% from the corners is a huge deal, as the corner three is equivalent to NBA gold.

• @JayHawkFanToo And Frank has more control of his destiny if he is undrafted than pick #60. He is bound to 1 team with no leverage if he gets drafted late 2nd round like most mocks have him.

That’s all I’m saying.

If he can go early 2nd or late 1st somehow, than absolutely I want him to get drafted.

• Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk sprained his ankle, prior to the athletic testing, and has been forced to withdraw from the rest of the NBA Combine

• @justanotherfan Hey thanks - that’s just another thing I didn’t know appreciate the info. - That’s what I like about here, someone has always got something interesting . It looks like though SVI has issues on that right side - -that if he were to make a team he best shore that up – teams play him to the right where if he gonna take the shot then he gonna have to get it from the right. - -Work to do. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Does Frank know this is an NBA combine and not an NFL combine?!0_1494604212934_Capture.PNG

• @BeddieKU23 Dam where you see that? - -I read he sprained it off the KC Star last night. Must have determined that this morning, cause he was saying he was hoping for a better day in the trials today.

If he indeed is done - -then I would think there goes ANY chance for him being drafted in this years class wouldn’t you think? Sorry to say might be bad news for SVI but possible good news for us? - -Yes -No - Maybe? - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• 14 players, 13 scholarships.

• @jayballer54

Jonathan Givony @DraftExpress is who reported it

I still think he’s gone but maybe it effects him getting workouts with teams who watched him yesterday. If someone guarantees him to be drafted he’s gone

• Welcome to AFH Thunder Dome…

Coach Self

And now, I’ve got fourteen men — fourteen men with a gut full of fear. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, dying time’s here!

KU Fans…

Fourteen men enter; thirteen men leave!

• I guess Frank Mason was asked how he wants to die?

• @chriz yeah that’s so dumb and disrespectful. But Frank handled it well.

• Coach Towsend retweeted this.

0_1494612763144_ddd.PNG

• @BeddieKU23 SVI is playing gonna be playing 1st game today. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @wrwlumpy

Frank is demonstrating that he is a championship level backup PG at the next level. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the playoff teams didn’t take a very long look at him as a late first or second round pick to help stabilize a second unit. Washington, Houston, Portland, Cleveland, and Atlanta could all definitely use a good backup PG.

• @justanotherfan I’ve said since the beginning of the year, NBA teams could do a lot worse at the backup PG spot than Frank.

Cavs had to go get Deron Williams this year. But he won’t play for $400k next year. Frank would be the “F-ing playmaker” LeBron could be looking for in the 2nd unit.

• DAMMMMMM, Frank do your thing - -get yours buddy. - -Frank showing up - two really good drives to the hole back - -to back 13 points so far - -running the floor - he HAAS to get a shot somewhere, just to much heart - -toughness savy not to. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Rumor is Svi won’t be able to continue in the combine, but doesn’t want to withdraw from the draft. So that doesn’t look good for a return to KU.

• ESPN combine article

Highlights-

Mason:

Players who helped their draft stock on Friday

Frank Mason, PG, Sr., Kansas

He’s not very big, but man does he play big. Mason showed off all the toughness, athleticism and motor he played with all year for Kansas on the way to 21 points, three rebounds and three assists on Friday. Every scout I spoke with was confident he’d get drafted. It won’t likely be in the first round, but Mason should be on an NBA roster next year and has a chance to be special.

Svi:

A few others – including BYU’s Eric Mika, North Carolina State’s Omer Yurtseven and Kansas’ Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk – run the risk of even going undrafted, though all three players have international ties (Mika served a LDS mission in Italy and Yurtseven and Mykhailiuk both have foreign passports) and that helps make them solid draft-and-stash options.

Three-quarter court sprint slowest scores: Svi Mykhailiuk (3.53), Kennedy Meeks (3.5), Tyler Lydon (3.46), Justin Patton (3.46) and Omer Yurtseven (3.45)

• 0_1495375215516_IMG_1993.PNG

Lots of KU love. Old info just interesting. Kenny Gregory is still king of the vert. at the combine. I can attest his ups were very impressive! -only dude to ever jump over me!!! (Not that I’m an athletic freak, but I am 6ft tall)