Told You So

• I thought this was already official but I was wrong. GREAT move for WSU btw.

• Gonzaga exploring a possible Big East move is an intriguing possibility as well. Other non East Coast schools like St. Louis would likely have to be involved to make the Big East a 14 or 16 team league with 2 divisions to make it work, but I could see that happening in the next few years.

• The WSU AD issued a statement yesterday indicating that the rumor, which was reported by a Wichita TV station as coming from an AD employee, was not true.

I believe it is a matter of time before this happens since it would be very beneficial to both parties. As I mentioned on a previous thread, WSU would not even have to re-start football since the conference already has Navy as a football only member and has 12 member for football and with WSU it would have 12 members for basketball as well. All Division I teams in the state will now be in major conference.

• Voting Friday.

• Definite better move for WSU.

I don’t know why this leaked out before actually happening.

• @drgnslayr so do you not have to pay to leave the Mvc? I have no idea.

• @Crimsonorblue22 They pay no penality for leaving. What they have to forefit is the NCAA winnings for winning any game in the tourney this year.- - - Those winning have to be turned into the MVC. – ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer54 I did not know that. Thx! What about the other sports? Same thing?

• @Crimsonorblue22 Your welcome. - -The only thing for sure is that if the School ( WSU has earned any kind of profit - -money distribution from NCAA winnings then yes any of the sport would have to forfeit those winnings back to the MVC.

The way it was stated Is that there is no exit fee for leaving the conference, but saying that WSU or any school must give 24 months notice for withdrawal for the school to keep their distributions, But the school will have to forfeit ALL MVC distributions if the school gives less then a 12 month notice. So ya if any sport were to receive any distribution they would have to forfeit those distributions.

The AAC is voting tomorrow about accepting WSU into the league, has to be approved by 9-12 schools for acceptance but surpose to be just a formality, no problem being accepted. They are looking at starting play in the league as early as this upcoming season.

They WILL have to pay an entrance fee to join the AAC. , I read that the MVC is meeting to discuss their future with out WSU, talking about the possibility of another school for WSU - they are Valpo - - Belmont - - Neb-Omaha- -just more schools that for sure isn’t wowing anybody. - -Hope this helped. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer54

The NCAA has a somewhat complex way of paying for Tournament wins assigning units for every win that is then paid over a 6 year period to the conference which then metes out the money, some equally and some others more to the team that earned the wins/money. I believe that currently each unit is worth around $1,5M.

So, the NCAA will continue paying over the next 6 years for wins in the last tournament and it is still paying for wins five years ago. Considering how successful WSU has been recently, it is possible that is leaving a fair chunk of change for past wins and future payouts. I am sure reporter(s) more knowledgeable on the subject will run the calculations if the move goes through.

• @JayHawkFanToo From the way the article was reading well actually I read 2-3 articles saying pretty much the same thing but the way they were reading was that what they would have to give back would be for JUST THIS YEAR winnings I dunno. - Like I said they vote tomorrow and is surpose to be just a formality. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer54

I would think that it might be…Up to this year’s wins…since the conference is still being paid from previous WSU appearances in the Tournament and will continue getting paid for six years for this year’s tournament wins which will likely be forfeited. I really don’t know and all of this will soon become clearer.

• @JayHawkFanToo True. - -Even though not a WSU fan , I do think it can’t do anything but help them, they had to do something. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballerI54 Marshall is still “bush league”. Now. the first decent offer from a bigger school now & he bails. He’s out from under the Koch bros thumbs now. Plus we get a much better shot at that recruiting hotbed of hoops - Wichita, ha, ha, ha, …