TCU

• Hey, Hey – -they representing the conference well - -made final four in the NIT headed to NY. - -Good for them, like someone else said, kind of hard to believe Texas Tech didn’t get invited anywhere, would of thought they too would have made NIT - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• The Big 12 has had a pretty good postseason so far.

TCU may win the NIT

KSU won their play in game. Oklahoma State lost, but in a very competitive game.

Iowa State won their first round game.

KU, Baylor and West Virginia are all still dancing (and all three have a pretty good chance in their S16 games).

The Big 12 is guaranteed a winning conference record in the NCAA tournament (sitting at 7-3 right now - I don’t include play-in games, so I didn’t count KSU’s win over Wake Forest).

That’s a strong showing, and suggests that Tech probably should have gotten a chance to play in the postseason.

• @justanotherfan got a question. Has the Big 12 ever had 3 teams in the sweet sixteen before in the same year? - -just asking. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer54 Last year.

• @justanotherfan said:

The Big 12 has had a pretty good postseason so far.

TCU may win the NIT

KSU won their play in game. Oklahoma State lost, but in a very competitive game.

Iowa State won their first round game.

KU, Baylor and West Virginia are all still dancing (and all three have a pretty good chance in their S16 games).

The Big 12 is guaranteed a winning conference record in the NCAA tournament (sitting at 7-3 right now - I don’t include play-in games, so I didn’t count KSU’s win over Wake Forest).

That’s a strong showing, and suggests that Tech probably should have gotten a chance to play in the postseason.

I wouldn’t characterize as a strong showing YET. Well, it is relative to the conference record in prior years, but to this point, we’ve played exactly to seed expectations, nothing more, nothing less. KU is expected, by seed, to reach the FF. Any win by Baylor or WVU from here on out is seed expectation gravy.

Having said that, it is a better showing than I anticipated, as I was not confident that any of our teams getting through the first weekend other than KU. I’ll happily eat crow on that. And, I’ll just as happily eat more in light of the ACC’s dismal performance, as I had fully expected their top 4 to outperform ours (and UNC survived due to one of the worst non-calls in the history of the tournament).

The B12, B10, SEC and P12 all have 3 teams in the Sweet 16. Conference bragging rights this year are still very much to be decided…

• @dylans thanks, mercy I’m getting old, lol - - can’t remember squat. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @DCHawker

CBS is predicting 3 Big 12 teams in the Elite 8 and Kansas winning the Title.

• @DCHawker

The ACC wishes their teams had performed to seed expectations so far.

That’s the thing about the tournament. Because upsets happen, performing to seed is a pretty good accomplishment.

• Speaking of TCU and the ACC, did anybody see TCU kick Georgia Tech’s ass in the NIT title game? TCU beat GT by 32 points last night and they return their top 6 players for next year. TCU is going to to be a dark horse in the Big 12 race next season and could win 25+ games prior to the NCAA tournament.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 w/fisher on the bench. Pretty impressive.