For the Record,.I Detest Marsha for Appearing to Let his Player's Elbow Be Viciously Attacked by Perry Ellis' Nose...

• And I would detest him even if he were the worst coach, or the best coach, in college basketball history.

On the sacred wood, I want Marsha beaten, beaten badly, beaten often, and beaten by all those that know how to beat a coach that let’s one of his star players elbows be attacked viciously by another team’s star player’s nose.

It was inexcusable that Marsha appeared to let his player’s elbow be attacked without retaliation, or appeals to the referees to stop KU from further endangering his players elbows with their noses.

It was cowardly of Marsha NOT to defend his star player and his star player’s elbow and demand a flagrant foul be called on Perry Ellis for cheap shotting Marsha’s star by “nosing” him.

“Nosing” an opposing player’s elbow is one of the most dangerous forms of cheap shotting in basketball and should never be allowed.

Marsha should always be held in contempt for what he apparently tolerated. Marsha’s players depend on Marsha for guidance and protection from “nosing.” They need him to stand up for the safety of their elbows. It was negligent of him not to let his star player retaliate by “nosing” Perry Ellis’ elbow.

When my father played basketball back in the late 1930s, and when I played in the early 1970s, coaches and players would have considered it a team’s duty to go out and “nose” several opposing players subsequently, unless the referees had done their duties, and had ejected the star player that “nosed” first Clearly, Perry Ellis appeared in the video to have “nosed” the Wichita player’s elbow without provocation. .

Marsha broke a cardinal unwritten rule of basketball IMHO, when he did not order one of his players to retaliate by “nosing” one of Perry Ellis’ teammates that replaced Perry when Perry left the game self-injured from “nosing” one of Marsha’s star players.

I believe the basketball gods are just and that some day Marsha and one of his team’s players will pay the price for what Marsha apparently allowed to happen to his star player’s elbow.

An elbow, like a brain, is a terrible thing to waste.

Nosing should be outlawed once and for all.

Chalk Rock!

(Note: no malice. All fiction.)

• @jaybate-1.0 said:

Note: no malice. All fiction

Not buyin’ the disclaimer on this one!

• Still bringing something up from 2 years ago is not no malice, all fiction. That’s all malice, no fiction.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 Maybe a little bit of fiction.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 and @mayjay

Nope.

You guys just can’t take a joke, can you?

What happened to your senses of humor?

Nothing unsual happened two years ago. NOTHING!

The referees didn’t even call a foul.

Nothing unusual happened.

It was just basketball.

“Let’em play!”

Its how the game is played.

No foul, no harm.

No one should complain, or be surprised, if it happens again.

Basketball is a competitive, non-contact sport.

Noses and elbows meet sometimes.

Certainly nothing to call a foul about.

In fact, I would go so far as to say it could happen again and there would be nothing at all unusual about it.

Its just basketball sometimes.

You guys have totally lost your senses of humor.

And you are way to sensy about talking about nose-elbow contact in basketball.

I attacked an elbow with my nose at least three times in my playing days.

Its just how the game is played some times.

But you know that.

• @jaybate-1.0

And heck, I bring up stuff from fifty years ago sometimes.

I’m still chapped about Jo Jo being called out of bounds vs. Texas Western.

And I’m still annoyed at Ratso Izzo’s players appearing to face punch our noble team with Cole and Sherron.

Aren’t fans kind of wimpy and feeble minded if they can’t recall what happened in terms of highs and lows in the game over several decades?

C’mon, @mayjay and @Texas-Hawk-10, fan-up, will ya?

Enjoy the game.

• @jaybate-1.0 I think we were showing our senses of humor by discussing the ironies in the malice tag!

• Lol @jaybate-1.0 I had put the nosing incident out of memory. Thanks for reminding me.

• @mayjay and @Texas-Hawk-10

It was all a joke. What else can I say? You two are reading meaning in. You could also impute I am an alien space invader, but that wouldn’t be true either.

Marsha’s a great coach. Wish he and his Shocks, had upset U.K., so we could have had a rematch!!!

Hey, wait a minute! Are you two guys alien space invaders?

• @jaybate-1.0 Damn, you figured out my secret.

• @jaybate-1.0 Yep. As much as I dislike Kentucky ( The dislike has lessened since we beat them at RUPP) I really wanted UK to kick Marsha’s ass. It wasn’t an ass kicking but it was a win and WSU goes home early. I’m good.

• @Texas-Hawk-10

Now that’s more like a Bucketeer’s sense of humor.

• @Lulufulu

I’m good with it, too.

We’ll get a shot at WSU in a future tournament.

• @jaybate-1.0 I attacked two elbows in a two week period with my opposing cheekbones back in high school. Stiches came out, new ones went in. Sharp elbows.

• @HighEliteMajor Sports? Or were your cheekbones just randomly going around attacking elbows?

Had my cheek attack a fist in a swimming pool, and my temple once attacked a tennis ball that was served 90° sideways from a guy on the next court.

It is a dangerous world when facial parts are on the loose!