T-minus Two Days And Counting...

• match2.jpg

T-minus two days and counting…

Here we go. Another year of March Madness.

Like most years, we have plenty of weapons entering the tournament.

There is one weapon I’m not sure we have, and it is this weapon that will determine the 2017 National Champion.

That weapon is M O M E N T U M !

We will not be entering this tournament with a long winning streak behind us. In fact, our winning streak following us into the tournament is ZERO!

We ran into a buzz saw last year who had all the momentum in the world! That buzz saw went on to take the crown.

This year, can we be last year’s Villanova? Will we enter games with the energy, optimism and momentum to proclaim that NO TEAM will defeat us in this tournament?! That is what Villanova did last year. You could see the fire in their eyes and you could see their desire played out on the court. We all knew they would become the National Champion after they beat us. It was obvious.

Friday should be the start of our next winning streak. We don’t need 20 or 30 consecutive wins. We need 6. That’s all. A measly 6 wins represent the pathway to our goal. Nothing more and nothing less.

I’ve always mentioned that carrying a “chip” was a great way to build momentum. It is. It helps build an insatiable appetite for wins. But I’m not sure if we are really carrying a chip into this tournament. What I do know is we have Frank Mason! He isn’t really a chip. More like a rock. Uh… actually, more like a boulder. Maybe it is better to have a boulder over a chip. What do you think?

I don’t think Frank cares what other’s think. I don’t think he worries a lick about getting his due recognition. I think Frank just wants to compete. And when he competes, he wants to win. Badly. And he knows every game now represents the possibility of being his last game as a Jayhawk. Those tears he fought back during senior night were not alligator tears. Frank appreciates the opportunity he was given at Kansas. No one can deny what they see and feel from Frank. Frank does NOT want to leave this tournament early. Frank does NOT want his last game as a Jayhawk to be a “L.”

I’m pointing my attention towards Frank. But what about the rest of our team? Frank is the “symbol” for this team. Devonte is the “potential” for this team. Josh is the “spark” for this team, and Landen is the “senior leadership” for this team. The rest of our guys are the “support” for this team. We need ALL parts of this team in order to go on a 6-game run. We NEED everyone!

Rock Chalk!

• @drgnslayr What is tip time for Friday game?

• @globaljaybird Tip time is 5:50 CST. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @globaljaybird No problem. - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• I picture the boyz like a bunch of race horses in the starting gate; raring, bucking, and anxious to create their legacy. I hope they pace themselves. I don’t want them to do too much in this first game. However, if they can play and win like they are capable, they can make a huge statement to the pundits and the first round morons that always use that old tired first round loss crap against KU. I’d actually like to see KU win this first game on principle by about 20-25. No disrespect to the UC Davis team. But actually my desire pays them all due respect. KU can’t take any team for granted. So, no mercy and treat this team as though they are as good as any other team faced all year.

I said it for the last 3-4 wins of the regular season leading up to the B12 tourney, one game at a time.

• I like the prop bet that every 1 seed will win by double digits in the first round. I’d take that bet, but even that isn’t a sure thing.

The tournament is a crap shoot. I look at the 1, 2, and 3 and have a hard time seeing a first round upset. History says that 2 three seeds and 1 or 2 two seeds should be upset by the second round, several of them in the first round.

I haven’t watched enough basketball to see where the upset lies, but there will be several. With any luck they will open up KU’s path to the championship. An easy path would be welcome, but the guys still have to show up as the past has taught us.