• How in the world is KU ranked 10th in the BPI? Within the BPI metrics KU is ranked #1 for Strenght of Record, #1 RPI, #4 Strength of Schedule, and 10th in the BPI. Behind West Virginia #4 and Duke #7.

This is a broken ranking system.

• @dylans I don’t understand these things, never have never will, but sounds really crazy, I just don’t get how they do these things. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @dylans

KenPom has us 8th as well.

The BPI stands for Bull#$#!System.

• @dylans

The BPI is the ranking created by ESPN to boost ACC teams. If you look you will notice that 4 of the top 8 teams are ACC teams. The systems is a joke and a very transparent one at that. Why a 9 loss Virginia team or a 5 loss Duke team that KU beat are ranked ahead of KU defies logic and credibility

• Agree that they system does not make sense. I think what is holding us back…in this system…is that we have not blown anybody out in quite a while…victory margin counts in this system if I understand correctly.

• @Hawk8086

It does count on the BPI and all the computer systems as well (KenPom, Sagarin) as they move towards being more predictive; Massey is much better in this regard. FWIW, the RPI which i the offcial system of the NCAA has KU as the #1.ranked team.

• BPI - Bribe Payers Index

• BPI = Broken Percentage Index

• BPI = Bogus Positioning Index

Looks like your connection to KU Buckets was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.