Dam another de-commit

• Well the train gaining mo, anotherLouisiana de-committed DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, Jenkins the line announced that he is staying home and playing for LSU. - -man this recruiting process is BS. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Not much of a commitment.

• @dylans @jayballer54 Wasn’t Jenkins the one that committed to Beaty without even coming on a visit?

• @chsguy2008 ya, he was the one. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Snyder and Mangino both have come out and said that what they learned coaching football in Kansas is that you don’t go after the big boys. They burn you in the end, when you could have easily gotten another 2 or 3 star kid that would have contributed.

We arent going to be able to walk in to Louisiana without LSU defending their own state. They probably laughed when some of those guys committed to KU. If we can keep 2 or 3 of our current Louisiana commits we should consider ourselves extremely lucky. Until we win some games, it will be hard to land any guys without the home state at least throwing their weight around.

• @Kcmatt7

It will be hard to keep those guys right now because we don’t have the on-field results to back it up, but I disagreed with Mangino and Snyder on this idea from the beginning. If you want to truly compete on a national level, you can’t do that with 2 and 3 star players. You just can’t make up that talent gap.

It’s telling that, for all of the recognition and accolades that Coach Snyder has garnered in his career (deserved, in fact), he only has two conference titles to his record, and only won 4 division titles in the Big 12, despite coaching in the weaker division for 12 years. His Big 12 division finishes are as follows, 4 firsts, 3 seconds, 2 thirds, a fourth, a fifth and a sixth. And remember, by the time the Big 12 was born, KSU had already been to three straight bowl games, so this was no longer a program trying to get up from the trash heap.

If you limit yourself to 2 and 3 star players, you put a ceiling on your program that you will never break through. Beaty hasn’t gotten on-field results yet, but he has shown that he isn’t going to just put a ceiling on the potential of the program.

• @justanotherfan Idk that I agree with that. You may put a ceiling but you are also building a floor. Once you build the floor then you can reach here and there. But you don’t want to go back to being a laughing stock. I’d be happy to be a 5-8 win team every single season. Where at least I feel like we could win any given weekend. Reaching for the stars is what got us in this mess in the first place. Competing for recruits against UT, OU, Nebraska, Baylor, TCU, LSU, etc. is not going to be something we do well. But if we build a program and stick to it for an extended period of time maybe then we can earn some respect. And turn that respect into some additional recruits. Lets become the best football program in our own state before we start trying to recruit with the big boys out of state. And start dominating the in state recruiting battle.

To me, that would be a big step. We need to be the team landing Jordy Nelson’s and Tyler Locketts. (KU and KState were the only two seriously interested in both of these guys). That alone is a major step forward from where we are.