Billy Preston a Mcdonald's All American

• Trae Young also in the game.

BTW Preston played today on ESPNU. The replay should be up on the Watch App if anyone wants to see him play. He put up 17 and 16 rebounds against Michael Porter’s team. Again those who watched him had some interesting things to say.

I see a lot of AAU “fake hustle” on defense. He can make a layup on an offensive rebound…so I guess he has that going for him over Bragg

Definitely a mixed bag in the first half. Finished well in traffic through contact (that wasn’t called), but also a pair of ill-advised shots in addition to a banked 3-pointer. Defensive effort is uneven at best

I love Preston’s ability to grab the ball off the defensive rebound and beat the other team down the court as he leads the break. He’s able to penetrate deep and dish to open shooters.

He can’t defend Michael Porter. But, then, NOBODY can defend Michael Porter.

• Porter will be an NBA allstar I don’t think it’s fair to hold other HS players to that standard even Preston who MIGHT be an NBA player.

• @BShark heard porters bro might reclassify so he can play w/michael

• @Crimsonorblue22 said:

@BShark heard porters bro might reclassify so he can play w/michael

Interesting. Does not surprise me

• @BShark said:

Porter will be an NBA allstar I don’t think it’s fair to hold other HS players to that standard even Preston who MIGHT be an NBA player.

Agreed but it’s no secret that Preston’s defense is already being detailed as a big weakness. Hopefully the way he rebounded today would be representative of his ability in college

• AAU has ruined American basketball.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 said:

AAU has ruined American basketball.

Is it any worse then the countless basketball factories that are opened that front as academic schools?

SurprisIngly KU signed a kid this year who didn’t play much AAU ball.

• @BeddieKU23

Yeah defense isn’t gonna be great. We should be back to playing big next year and I think Preston will be able to get by against most college 4s.

I just think anyone holding him up to the standard of Porter or Ayton hasn’t been paying attention. This is why Porter and Ayton were such crappy misses and yes KU would have had to of hired Porter’s dad in some capacity to land him so I can appreciate the integrity of NOT doing that.

• @BeddieKU23 for him, rebounding might be an effort thing

• @BeddieKU23 Those schools exist in their current form because of the current AAU system. They don’t compete in their state organizations (public or private) and they primarily play tournaments agaisnt other basketball factories. Those basketball factory schools are nothing but a different form of AAU ball.

• @BShark I will take matador defense out of Preston next year considering one of the very possible alternatives is him playing in China or Europe next year.

• @Texas-Hawk-10

I bet he ends up in Lawrence.

• @BShark Considering the amount of time he spent at the same school that churned out Emanuel Mudiay and Terrance Ferguson, I’m preparing for him to be ruled academically ineligible just they were along woth others who have spent an extended amount of time at Prime Prep/API.