Big-12 games this week

• Kind of a slow week by the looks of it. I’m not expecting any major upsets.

Tuesday

K-State vs KU- Beat down coming purple cats way.

Oklahoma vs TCU- One of these will be 0-2 in conference

West Virginia vs Texas Tech- The way Tech fell apart against Iowa St late makes it seem impossible that they can win but it is a home game. Coincidental or not ISU came back after applying token pressure to Tech on out of bounds plays and Tech’s guy’s couldn’t handle it. I expect they will struggle against WVU.

Wednesday

Oklahoma St vs Texas- Good opportunity for Ok-St to get a win here.

Iowa St vs Baylor- Usually a good game. ISU doesn’t have one post player to touch Baylor’s tree’s. Big mismatch. ISU’s only hope is to shoot lights out from 3

Saturday games

Tech vs KU- Sorry Tech

TCU vs West Virginia- Interesting game but hard to see West Virginia losing.

Oklahoma vs K-St- K-St probably wins here after its Tuesday beatdown.

Ok. St vs Baylor- Not likely to be a close game

Texas vs ISU- Usually a good game, Texas just doesn’t have the team to make it so this year.

Any thoughts? Upset chances across the league? I will say this if Tech is able to pull the upset against West Virginia that would give KU its 1st leg up

• @BeddieKU23 said:

Ok. St vs Baylor- Not likely to be a close game

I think Okie has a shot in this one. Baylor will sit back in that zone, allowing Evans, Forte, and Carroll to fire away from 3. I think this game will be a one possession game.

• @KUSTEVE

Who’s Cunningham lol.

Outside of Evans- Oklahoma St is at a major disadvantage against Baylor. We’ll see how this one goes…

• @KUSTEVE Baylor has played more man this year than in the past few years. I think that might be the best game in the Big 12 this week, but I don’t see OSU pulling it off.

• @BeddieKU23 Carroll…that’s it…

• @Texas-Hawk-10 I demand they lose. I’m rooting against them every game.

• @BeddieKU23 OSU does have some shooters. Evans has hit 52% from 3 this year. They’ve got a kid named Thomas Dziagwa who only plays about 10 mpg, but shoots 50% from 3 and is averaging 3.5 attempts from 3 per game and making almost 2 per game. Carroll is making 4o% from 3 and they still have Forte who can off at anytime.

They’ve got the shooters to win games from deep on any given day.

• @Texas-Hawk-10

They do have shooters I’ll give them that. Do we take the beating they took Friday at home at face value? If we do then beating baylor on the road would seem even more improbable

• @BeddieKU23 I’m not necessarily saying OSU is going to pull the upset, just capable of it with their shooting prowess. They’re just a mid level Big 12 with enough shooting to take down a tip tier team if that top tier team has an off night. If Baylor plays well, then Baylor likely handles OSU like WVU and UNC did, but we also know Scott Drew’s track record of dropping games Baylor shouldn’t lose.

• Sometime soon there will probably be a big upset or two in our conference. From how it looks now… Kansas, Baylor and WVU have separation in potential from the rest of the pack. That could change or remain the same.

I know Bill always wants to get out strong in the beginning of conference play. It is always an opportunity for us because we pretty much always have the highest individual talent level. Until teams develop their identity and start executing as a team, the advantage goes to the team with the overall most individual talent. That would be us.

It seems that we become vulnerable after a few weeks of B12 play. Other teams start building momentum, while we sit high on our perch… often growing a bit stale because we lack motivation to improve as much as they do.

Then the later part of the season we like to come on… when all the chips are on the table.

Most teams move through trends, both up and down. It seems like our overall conference pattern works well… obviously it has for the past 12 seasons.

• @BeddieKU23 ISU at Baylor?

• @BeddieKU23

Seems pretty reasonable to me. As far as KU-KSU it depends on how you define beat down, I see a comfortable 12-15 point win with KU coasting at the end.

• I think OSU could play Baylor tight and TT could give WVU trouble. The road isn’t easy in the B12. What I love about early conference games is if you win your gaining ground on someone we shouldn’t be tested til Ames IMO. Not that it matters one game at time KSU is next in line.

• @kjayhawks

WVU and Baylor called…they said the road is pretty nice if you travel to Oklahoma. 😃

Teams on the road won 3 out of 5 games in the first day of conference play. I do agree with you though, the road can be very tough in the Big 12.

• @JayHawkFanToo haha ya it sure looks that way, I think most years the home team ends up winning close to 75%.

• I guess maybe it was just me not really sure but I just DID NOT see the West Virginia beat down of Oklahoma State @ Gallagher coming. Sure I though WV had a chance to win - -a very good chance - -but they way they manhandled them - – just didn’t see that coming. - -Was I wrong in that thinking? let me know - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY