The TPGD STAT, Or GIVE FRANK THREE BRANDING GAMES AND HE WILL GO NUMBER 1 IN THE NBA DRAFT

• FRANK MASON IS SICK!!!

On a flipping ice cold night for him (50% from the field and 33% from Trey and 1-2 at the stripe), Frank “Absolute Man” Mason decides to dish 8 assists, while grabbing flipping 6 rebounds. Frank out rebounded Bragg, Coleby, Lightfoot, AND Jackson. From the point guard position!!!

Put this rebounding “thang” of his in perspective: Frank out rebounded every player on Long Beach State! From the point guard position!!!

Frank Mason got 8 assists, while splitting ball handling/initiating chores with two starters and a sub!!!

We’re going to have to start keeping a new game stat for point guards, because of Frank Mason:. It will be named for him. (Assist + Rebounds)/TOs. >1 is good. It will be called the Mason Statistic of Total Point Guard Domination. It will be abbreviated to either the M-Stat, or the TPGD stat.

What this guy does on his OFF NIGHTS is often more impressive than when he is leading the team in scoring and scoring five straight possessions.

I actually wore out my exclamation mark key on Frank Mason.

• @jaybate-1.0 I saw the game at AFH tonight and seeing him in person out rebound much bigger guys brings your metric to a whole new light. On several occasion I thought, “how did he just get that board fron a 6-6 guy.?”

He is so strong and so good at positioning. He does not so much box out as he angle-bodies out. Remarkable.

• @jaybate-1.0 I think we are a better team from Frank doesn’t have to take over and score 20+ points. I think when he’s scoring in the low teens we are more of a monster to guard. @Fightsongwriter Rebounding is 10% skill 90% want to, I’m almost 6’2, I out rebounded guys 5 inches taller in my day as you said doing your work before the shot to get in position is a lot of it.

• @kjayhawks

@kjayhawks said:

I think we are a better team from Frank doesn’t have to take over and score 20+ points.

This so true of most great players!