NBC SPORTS - COULD KANSAS BE THE BEST TEAM IN THE COUNTRY?

• @wrwlumpy Good article - thanks for posting.

One thing that I think Frank and Devonte need to do more of is look to attack more often. At time last year, it looked as though they were content to pass the ball around the perimeter. While I don’t think they need to be forcing shots all the time, it is important that they put pressure on the opposing team’s defense by driving into gaps and look to pass. If anything, just doing that collapses the defense to possibly allow for scoring opportunities elsewhere.

I hope Carlton has been working on his handles. I mentioned before in another thread that his ability to drive and score from the three point/free throw line area will be one of the most important aspects of success for this year. I am not expecting him to do it as well as Perry, but we will need some of it going forward.

• @HawkChamp attack dog= josh!

• @Crimsonorblue22 can’t forget about him!

• Coach is doing his annual bitching about horrible practices before the first game.

"The Jayhawks on Sunday held their first scrimmage of the 2016-17 season, complete with officials, a clock and a scoreboard.

Even though Self said the team had improved from the start of practice, he was not all that impressed by his team’s performance during the scrimmage.

“It’s been better,” Self said of practice. “We scrimmaged Sunday and we did not look good at all. But it was a great teaching tape because the guys saw how poorly we executed and really how we didn’t play with near as much effort as I thought we would. We’re certainly a lot better than we looked that day, but that tape was pretty eye-opening for a lot of our guys. We did not look like a very good team in our first scrimmage.”

Asked for his read on why Sunday was a little sluggish, Mykhailiuk pointed to the ongoing process of bringing newcomers into the system."

“We’ve got a lot of young guys and we just need to practice and make them feel better with our offense and defense,” Mykhailiuk said. “Just try hard, try to learn a lot, like always.”