How 'bout that KU Volleyball Team!

• The VB team is packing the house with more fans than end up in Memorial Stadium at the end of a football game. Seriously… they’re on a great run to start the season, and let’s face it, they beat K-State in every facet of the game, from uniform design (oh, K-state, those are just dreadful) to vertical leaping ability to… well, to a lot of other things.

LJW story here

Photo Gallery

Rock Chalk!

ku_vbc_ksu_jy_16_t960.jpg Photo by John Young, Lawrence Journal World

• @DanR I follow them and watched the game last pm, thanks to SZ (puke). No SZ, just kidding! I really do watch them, pretty cool the bb and fb guys back them too!

• Of all the sports I’ve ever played (or tried), volleyball is the one I’m just absolutely terrible at playing. Probably because of that, I love watching good volleyball. Lots of action, grit, endurance and athleticism. Positions for all body sizes to excel. It takes team chemistry to be successful, and this group/coach seems to have that.

• I used to play a lot of volleyball when I lived in Houston. I could never play collegiate volleyball though, the game is not what God designed it to be.

It is meant to be played with sand and beer.

• @nuleafjhawk Now that I think about it, beer might be a key factor in my poor volleyball playing.

• @Crimsonorblue22

Last year the Volleyball and women’s Basketball games were blacked out on ESPN3 in the Entire State and the KC Metro Area. I noticed that you can now see replays of the Volleyball games, but I am not sure the live feeds are available now,

• @JayHawkFanToo if they are on Jayhawk network they are blocked(puke)

• @Crimsonorblue22

I wonder if Zenger was part of the team that negotiated the deal with Iran…:d

• @JayHawkFanToo pretty hard to sell the fb team when you can find their games. Unless of course SZ thinks it’s worse to watch them!

• @Crimsonorblue22

Good one… 🙂 🙂 🙂

• KU vb on wow 146, at 3, if anyone is interested. Just found it on cox 266

• @DanR Its kind of nice to see KU sports, other than KU Basketball doing some good things in the conference.

I think KU football is relegated to the 10th spot in the Big 12 for the foreseeable future.

• @Lulufulu said:

I think KU football is relegated to the 10th spot in the Big 12 for the foreseeable future.

KU did finish 9th last year in football. I think we might have thise stray years where ISU is just that bad, not this year obviously as KU is just beyond bad.

• @Texas-Hawk-10

Agreed. Statistically this was the game with the best chance of winning at 15%, even ISU is 11% and it gets much worse after that. The offense -as bad as it is- it has some good players and some potential, QB is just not one of them. The defense is as bad as it gets and today Rutgers ran at will…2 player with over 100 yards rushing each…pathetic. I just don’t see this team winning a game this season.

On a related note, UK beat MU…in football, so MU is not officially UK’s beatch, just like it was predicted,

• @JayHawkFanToo I didn’t think cozart played that bad, receivers caught some balls. I thought the D played better the 2nd half. Trying to find some positives. I like the coaches and they all work hard. I hope in a few years, if they can handle it, they will get better. I think they have a shot next week. I’ll wash my KU fb shirt and watch it.

• @Crimsonorblue22

I like Cozart but from what I have sees so far, he is just not a Big 12 caliber QB. He had some good moments but he had others where he had players wide open and took sacks instead. Keep in mind that Rudgers is the worst team in the Big 10 and they had players and the coach suspended. It gets a lot more difficult from here on.

Did you see the Baylor, TCU, WVU and Texas Tech. offenses? How many point do you think they will score against KU?

• @JayHawkFanToo a bunch, just trying to see some progress.

• @Crimsonorblue22

I always try to be the glass half-full rather than the half-empty type of person but this team is making it very difficult. I think we are a few years away from being even half way decent. Thank God for basketball…we could be MU losing to UK in basketball…and football.

• @JayHawkFanToo and @Crimsonorblue22 How fast KU becomes competitive in football really depends on how soon Beaty can find a QB. If Willis or Stanley end up panninh out, KU is contending for bowl games that season. Even as bad as this defense is, a good QB has this team at 2-1 with a good shot at 3-1 and then 4-2 after the OU and Tech games. KU would also have a shot at TCU because this is the worst defense I’ve ever seen them trot out. Throw in KSU hasn’t looked that good this year and KU would have a shot at 6-6 this year just with a good QB. I think KU would even be a 4 win team this year with Cummings at QB.

Alas though, KU doesn’t have a competent QB on the roster. I think we saw today that Cozart is definitively better than Ford who just flat out can’t throw. At this point, I think Beaty needs to start playing Willis so that burned redshirt doesn’t go to waste. I know Beaty said today that Willis isn’t ready for the full playbook, but he could very easily give Willis 2-3 drives ler game with a watered down version and the progressively add more of the playbook and more PT as he starts to develop.

The progress of KU football under Beaty hinges on how fast he finds a QB to pilot the offense because a good QB is worth 3-4 wins easily.

• Uh, Montel Cozart isn’t a Big 12 QB?? Cozart wouldn’t have a snowball’s chance in hell at starting for North Dakota State. I mean, that completely hypothetical situation is laughable it would be so unlikely. He’s not a QB. Switch him to WR or HB and invest in somebody else, and start bringing along one of these young guys.