Some WUG' pregame thought.

• well guys, just wanted to say, to the team, good luck in the WUG’S. all that I personally ask for is you play hard, compete hard, do that and win lose as long as you represent, show up then coo. guys whether we win or lose, I feel we win, I just can’t see any negatives, the experience that will be gained from these games, the chance for our guys to be able to practice and work together, the experience of playing against some very good talent, older players, all I ask is play with confidence you’ll be fine, you do the best you can advance as far as you can then AWSOME. you get the the experience of a life time playing abroad, representing the U.S.A & KU. what more could a young man ask for, again I believe its a win win for us, the exposure the team will get, the practice time and being able to form that bond as a team and grow together So play hard, play safe, and enjoy my KU JAYHAWKS. I/WE will be here pullin for you day/night when ever it may be GOOD LUCK. ROCK, CHALK, ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Does anybody know the format for the wug basketball? What determines the final standings ? I cant seem to find out the explanation online (and im ADD so im not going to did real hard 🙂

• @Bosthawk

Form the WUGSA site…

"There are four pools in the WUG with the top two teams after pool play qualifying for the eight-team medal bracket. The third and fourth teams in each pool will compete in an eight-team bracket with the highest finish being ninth in the 24-team field. The fifth and sixth pool finishers will also compete in and eight-team bracket as all 24 teams are guaranteed eight games for the event."

• @JayHawkFanToo Thats pretty cool. Thanks for the info.

• @Lulufulu

The bad thing is that if you don’t finish in the top two in your group, the best you can finish is #9 even if you win the rest of the games…I believe this is where Northern Iowa finished.

• @JayHawkFanToo Hey, would you happen to have a tv schedule for games over this coming weekend or know how to find one? Will be at Table Rock till Mon so would like to set the dvr for my hoops fix…thanks.

• @globaljaybird

“Will be at Table Rock till Mon…”

I’m jeolous! Enjoy the fireworks show and I hope you bring us all back a few fishing stories… or will it be water skiing? Both?

• @drgnslayr Mostly will be looking at real estate, but will take in some shows-Sandi Patty Friday, Collin Raye Saturday, Trace Adkins Sunday night & always the Presleys. as we get season passes with them. Lake traffic will be too heavy for my liking but when the boys were kids we did it most every year for about 20 years. To be honest I don’t know how we survived all that mayhem…

• @globaljaybird 7/3, espnu 10 pm 7/5, espnu 6:30 am 7/7, 10 pm, 7/8 8 pm, all espnu. Just went down my guide. Some will be shown as repeats later.

• @globaljaybird KU doesn’t list that first one against Czech on 7/1 at 11. My TV guide does. Sooooo? I have no idea. I’m sure we will hear more.

• @globaljaybird

@Crimsonorblue22 posted s schedule. I have to take my dad to get his hearing aid checked but I will see if I can find a complete TV schedule and post it latter today…

• @JayHawkFanToo @globaljaybird the first game I listed is wrong, guide now says USA men’s volleyball game.

• @Crimsonorblue22 said:

@JayHawkFanToo @globaljaybird the first game I listed is wrong, guide now says USA men’s volleyball game.

• Here is the official site and schedule, please note the that South Korea is 14 hours ahead of Central Time:

• 11:50 PM Monday, in Central Time is
    • 1:50 PM Tuesday, South Korea (GMT+9)

Here is a link to the schedule for the USA/KU team in Central time.

• Here is the link to the TV schedule…

• Here is the full television schedule (all times CT):

▪ Friday, July 3: USA vs. Turkey (10 p.m.; ESPNU)

▪ Sunday, July 5: USA vs. Brazil (6:30 a.m.; ESPNU)

▪ Tuesday, July 7: USA vs. Serbia (10 p.m.; ESPNU)

▪ Wednesday, July 8: USA vs. Switzerland (8 p.m.; ESPNU

▪ Saturday, July 11: Quarterfinal (12:30 a.m.; ESPNU)

▪ Sunday, July 12: Semifinal 1 (1 a.m.; ESPNU); Semifinal 2 (4 a.m.; ESPNU)

▪ Monday, July 13: Gold Medal Game (6:30 a.m.; ESPNU)

Team USA will also play Chile at 12:30 a.m. on July 7, but at the moment, the game is not slated to be televised on ESPNU or ESPN3.

Per Rustin Dodd

• @dylans I was going to post the same on a new thread, but we’ll handle it here.

I’ve never been wild about sending our team to play in this tournament. This is a lot of games in a short period of time. Maybe I’m an old worry wart, but potentially 7 games in 10 days sounds pretty daunting. We are opening up our guys to the risk of injury with such a heavy slate of games.

We, like Big12 games, are going to be who everyone is gunning for. They’ll be extra pumped, extra aggressive, therefore, extra dangerous.

I really don’t care if we win this tournament. Sure, it’d be a nice bit of pride, but I, like most of us, place much more value on a long regular season that starts 3 months (practice anyways) after this somewhat meaningless tournament.

Am I the only one with these thoughts here? Wouldn’t be the first time 🙂

• @wissoxfan83 , or old worry wart😳! Chill out😎❄❄❄️. Kids are having fun, getting a unique experience, perhaps a once in a life time adventure and we got a few spares. Injuries can happen just doing summer workouts-2 boots last summer, oubre and Cliff. Rock Chalk!

• @Crimsonorblue22

I’m still concerned. I’m guessing action will be more intense than summer pick up games. Our guys I assume are going to go all out to win this thing too, so they’ll be playing hard which leads to more risk for injury.

• @wissoxfan83 let’s hope you are wrong!

• @wissoxfan83

I don’t know…some summer pick up games can be pretty…shall we say “intense”…

• @dylans hey thanks dylans, correct me cause I guess I mistook something . I could of swore they said some of them was also on ESPN2 not tripping I have ESPNU but my brother is gonna miss out, he is HUGE KU fan iwould let him watch here but no way would he come over for the times of these games lmao, only one might be the July 8th versus Switzerland. they give any reason as to why they are not showing the Chile game? thanks so much bud ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer54 I thought I read that some games were to be on ESPN2 somewhere earlier, but this is what I’ve found lately. Unfortunately I don’t have ESPNU currently.

• @dylans I guess u better get it or find a friend.

• @Crimsonorblue22 Dropped cable a month ago. I won’t miss it until KU BBall starts up (for real). I’ll have to slip down to the bar to watch the WUG, if I’m not working.