We're No. 1 in.........

• cost of average resale price.

Posted on Mon, Nov. 25, 2013 KU basketball tickets lead nation in average resale price, report says

By RUSTIN DODD The Kansas City Star

Where’s the most expensive ticket in college basketball?

It’s at Kansas’ Allen Fieldhouse, according to one secondary ticket marketplace.

The median price for Kansas basketball tickets on the secondary market is $265, according to a report by Vivid Seats, which tracks such numbers. The secondary market includes tickets sold through brokers and other online marketplaces — not official season tickets from Kansas.

The average Kansas ticket sold on the secondary market is more expensive than second-place Kentucky ($200) and Duke ($179). KU’s Allen Fieldhouse seats 16,300 for home games, while Kentucky plays its home games at Rupp Arena, which holds 23,500 for basketball. Duke plays its games at Cameron Indoor Stadium, which has an official capacity of 9,314.

According to Vivid, Kansas will play host to seven of the 25 most expensive college basketball games of this season — at least in the secondary market. Oklahoma State’s visit to Lawrence on January 18th is the most expensive KU game and seventh-most expensive matchup overall, with a median ticket price of $420. For now, North Carolina’s trip to rival Duke on March 8th projects as the most expensive ticket of year, with a current median price of $1,459.

The average Kansas ticket on the secondary market, according to Vivid, is $305. Official season tickets to Kansas games, of course, can be considerably cheaper on a per-game average. But those numbers wouldn’t include the contributions fans must make to KU’s Williams Education Fund to secure a prime seat location at Allen Fieldhouse.

• I posted this in its own thread but to save space I’ll place it here.

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/11/25/4649806/ku-basketball-tickets-lead-nation.html

KC Star Interesting article from Rustin Dodd at the KC Star. Playing host to 7 of the top 25 $ games this year is pretty awesome! KU has an amazing fan following. We even follow our guys in the pros. Tweet from Marcus Morris ‏@MookMorris2 “Thanks to all the Jayhawk fans that were at the game today… Really Thankful for the support! Rock chalk and happy holidaysMarcus Morris Twitter

• Impressive piece. Thanks for posting it!

I always thought Kentucky vs Louisville was a big ticket every year. But I also heard more of those tickets are scalped than on average, especially in Louisville. The KFC Yum! Center holds 22,800.

Imagine going to a game and sitting in a bucket of chicken?! I wonder if the exterior looks like a red and white bucket of KFC? So, I guess, they sell KFC at the concessions. I’ve never been to a game there but I imagine the whole place smells like a KFC trash can and there are chewed up greasy chicken bones scattered throughout the entire building. Strange to have your logo be a bird and the main sponsor makes a living frying birds!

Can you believe they named it “KFC Yum?!”

Why not call it, “The Finger-Licking Good Arena?”

Or how about, “The Extra Crispy Center?”

Or best yet, “The House that Colin Cancer Built!”

BTW: awesome pic, Kip!