Terrance Ferguson

• There have been rumblings that he’s told people he’s coming to KU. So much so that he had to say that he hadn’t committed to KU yet on the twitterverse. This was apparently in response to learning that whatever he might have told friends, family got out to others.

Usually this kind of remark means that he has and just isn’t ready to announce yet. Somebody on the phog has started a thread about it.

Not to get too excited about an announcement that hasn’t happened yet but a Top 10 kid from Texas that is on the verge of committing is exciting news… @drgnslayr This could be the end to the drought in Texas. Definitely would make Fox think twice about Texas as well.

• @BeddieKU23 This kid is for sure in the class of 2016, right? No thoughts of reclassifying or anything like that?

• @joeloveshawks

Not that I have heard of, although I believe he does turn 18 soon… As far a wing prospects for 16 he is definitely the big fish that we are after. A combo of Wiggins Athleticism and B-Mac shooting touch with great size is exactly the type of player Self loves to recruit. From what is posted out there, it sounds very promising that at some point he will pledge to KU.

• It would be a great step for us to land Terrance. First… if we don’t land him, chances are we will face him either at OU, OSU, Baylor or Texas.

This kid has a lot going for his game, pieces that few other players have. He has one of the better shot releases I’ve seen in a young player in a long, long time. Very quick and precise release. It will be a big key to him making it in the league some day and will be a monster attribute for college ball.

I bet he has another inch or two in him with growth, and he looks to have an outstanding reach already. He might well be the next star 3 for us. I hope so!

Here is a recent video post on his play:

• Does the pronunciation rhyme with Jerrance?

• @drgnslayr Nice highlights. Seems to have pretty good handles and can finish thru contact, create his own shot, shoot from deep. Good stuff. Hope we get him.

• Several thoughts occurred to me beyond Terrance being a good prospect.

1. He is yet another phenomenally skinny recruit.

2. Every guy in this mash up looks VERY skinny.

3. If America is caught up in an obesity epidemic, either it has not yet hit basketball players, or the epidemic is over.

4. The skinniness of the legs is what is really noteworthy–toothpick and pipe cleaner legs on most of the players in this mash up.

5. It is fascinating to watch how much less intense these young players play than D1 players.

6. About the only time Terrance takes it out of low gear is to dunk–the rest of the time he is barely jumping and loping along. And he is playing just as hard as everyone else.

7. I am not sure why talented players of the height of Terrance are told to shoot these near set shots from three point range, when they will NEVER get to shoot that shot in D1, or the NBA, if they get that far.

8. It is really fascinating to see how much better these D1 high grade recruits are than the rest of the guys playing in the game.

• @jaybate-1.0

To add weight, are you thinking Hudy or Snacks?

• @VailHawk

How about both?

Pork rinds and squats?

• @VailHawk HA! Snacks! Thats funny!

• @drgnslayr

Don’t you mean Oreos?

• @VailHawk

Good question.

I’ll answer Hudy. 🙂

• @jaybate-1.0

“Don’t you mean Oreos?”

I’m sure Snacks is probably more an Oreos guy (northerner), but he has to think “Pork Rinds” if he is going to recruit in Texas. Preferably, “Hot Pork Rinds!”