Worlds worst negotiator

• I don’t always bargain with terrorist…

But when I do I prefer trading the five most dangerous captives for one US deserter.

Is anyone else angry about this? I know this isn’t a political forum, but as my signature says- common sense isn’t… EVEN at a HUGE scale.

• It’s good he’s home, but now he has to face the consequences for his deliberate act. As far as I’m concerned he deserves a dishonorable discharge and loss of all back pay and benefits. They should take the $300,000 in back pay and setup an education fund for the children of the troops killed while looking for his worthless butt.

• @JayhawkRock78 This is a real hot button. I think you & @brooksmd are just waaaaaay too damn nice. Dad used to say “String em up by the n%#ts & give him a dull butter knife,” But he could be a bit tough at times too.

• @globaljaybird “I think you & @brooksmd are just waaaaaay too damn nice.” Not according to lib press. We’re too hard on him. If they had their way he’d be declared a hero.

• @brooksmd Ah come on now, that’s the type of demonizing that leads to partisan gridlock and an inability to even listen to the other side, let alone compromise. You know full well 99.9% of Americans do not think he’s a hero. We as Americans want our politicians to get better but when we engage with opposing sides in such vitriolic terms, why would we expect our politicians to do any different? It’s as if we’re getting exactly what we ask for. We need statesmen back in Washington. Respectable men and women (veterans if you ask me).

• @VoyagingJayhawk I was only referring to the liberal press who are already beating the drum that he’s suffered enough while he was supposedly caged for 5 years and had forgotten how to speak English. I agree with you that we need respectable men and women (at least some with veteran status) back in Washington serving us, the citizens of the US. Term limits and realizing that Congress was supposed to be a “part-time” job and not something you retire from. But, we the people, are the ones who created the mess.