Some Suggested New Names for the Big 12 Conference

• ∑Big 13, Big 14, Big 15, Big 16, Big 17, Big 18, Big 19…Big n

(Note: this name will give an impression of an infinitely large conference.)

Another suggestion is: Big 3.14285714…

(Note: aka The Big Pi Conference–this builds on and emphasizes some of the irrationality of having a different number of members than the conference name indicates.)

These of course have both already been registered ®, copyrighted©, and trademarked™.

• @jaybate-1.0

Since the Missouri Valley Conference is already taken, how about the Missouri Hilltop Conference?

• @jaybate-1.0 I think its stupid that the Big 10 conference changed their name to the BI6 conference yet still call themselves the Big 10. Idiocy.

• @drgnslayr No way Jose, we cant have the name Missouri in any part of the conference name. That just wont do at all.

• @Lulufulu If I had a THOUSAND flippin upvotes you’d have every damn one !!!

• @drgnslayr One of the highest elevation points in Kansas is at appx 319th & Lookout Road in Miami, Co. Historically it is known by the name of John Brown Lookout. As a young boy I watched the sun arise from that mountain in the valley on many occasions. If you lived & breathed the history of the Civil War as we did as children, no thought about conference re-naming could be further in the realm of imagination than the Missouri-ANYTHING.

Curry’s Tragic Prelude (1938-1940), is the mural in the Kansas Statehouse illustrating John Brown and the clash of forces in Bleeding Kansas still to this day. And I might add that Brown was also hung in Charles Town, VA for murder in Harpers Ferry WVA. He was simply a raving homicidal maniac. It took one to know one.

Surely many native Kansans have yarns as I, but my 1st GGFather lost one leg in the Battle of Fredericksburg at 17 years old & much of my childhood was filled with the accounts of treachery, murder & suffering of the generations just before ours. The Border War was & still is serious to many who’ve lived & buried their ancestors here for generations & as much as I enjoyed beating the tar outta misery, I am glad to be able to finally let some of that go., & really prefer that is would all be forgotten. That rivalry was founded on pure hatred & should be left in the history books as such, & is much more than a game to some who still live in Eastern Kansas & Western Missouri. This is JMO but surely there are others who post here that share the same or similar historical heritage.

• @globaljaybird i guess I was about 16 when I saw the mural at the Capital building in Topeka. It was stunning…amazing. I remember it vividly.

• @globaljaybird

You mean this one?

05statecapitol3.JPG

• @JayHawkFanToo Thanks. Someday I’ll figure out how to post photos.

• Beat me to it, JayhawkFanToo.

After letting the Kansas statehouse fall into an embarrassingly dismal condition, the state just finished renovating the capitol this year, and it’s fantastic. Reclad the copper on the dome. Lower level is a cool visitor center/museum amidst the huge limestone foundation blocks. You can climb a couple hundred steps up to the top of the dome and walk outside on the little balcony. The stained glass under the dome is brilliant compared to how it used to look. And the murals are still pretty great, especially the john brown one.

My dog has been there (during the reno), but we need to go back and get an updated pic with the coppper dome before the patina goes green again.

Johnny.jpg Topeka.jpg

• Third tallest state capitol dome in the country, btw.

(behind 2 Illinois, and and 1 Texas)

• @globaljaybird

You are quite welcome…

This one is pretty nice as well…

3321134550_c71e67ccf5_b.jpg

• Suggested new name for the Big 12: The b1z conference. The BIZ. All business.

B + number 1/letter i + number 2/letter z.

Hey, it could work with the right typeface.

• @JayHawkFanToo

Fan from the last game against mizzou was classic:

KU_bkc_mu_rg10_t960.jpg

(Richard Gwin, kusports.com)

• @JayHawkFanToo Dude, this photo is pure awesomeness

• @globaljaybird Thanks!

• The John Brown Conference. OOPS, we lose all of the Southern teams. The Kaw River Valley Conference. The Adidas Conference.

• @wrwlumpy

How about…Heart of the Nation or Hot-N…we really are.

P.S. Heart of America is taken.

• I submit: Big 12 (Not) Conference

@JayHawkFanToo Nice!!!

@DanR Love the fan photo.