USMNT The Next Generation

• Cade Cowell was a beast yesterday! Loved seeing the new guys get run against Serbia, even if it was on Peacock in Spanish.

Felt Anthony Hudson had them playing with an urgency that had frankly been beaten out of US soccer by Berhalter. We looked competent and moved the ball quickly into our final 3rd. The loss was a product of a horrible wall (Zimmerman) and a complete breakdown on another play (didnt go back to see if Long was at fault, didnt care, 22 Gomez i think also slacked off too much. Several other plays we didnt stop ball).

Offensively its clear some of these guys could have definitely helped last cycle. Our d obviously needs work.

Our corners and service on crosses was excellent. Cant believe how poor it was under Berhalter. Would be surprised if Pulisic gets corner duties under a new regime. No surprise that when Acosta came in he took all the corners.

I hope we never see GGG again. Hope we stick with Hudson. He coached this youth in the U21.

Felt like it was a great start.

• Watched the first half, although with my eyes on my iPad at the same time. So, wasn’t glued to the action. I knew the name of basically one dude, the guy torn between the US and Mexico. He didn’t do too much.

There were some exciting, quality moments for sure!

• Oh, and I hear we just dumped the final piece of the executive branch — Ernie Stewart.

House cleaning over. Time to hire some new brains.

Can’t say I know anything about Hudson, so no clue if he’s a good coach.

• I watched the second half last night. Wow, Cade Cowell! He was impressive.

• @rockchalkjayhawk said in USMNT The Next Generation:

I watched the second half last night. Wow, Cade Cowell! He was impressive.

Yeah man. I thought the problems were fixable and the talent was there. Pretty exciting.

• Ha, I just realized the other day that the men are playing Nations league games!

Pretty ugly first half vs El Salvador. Their formation baffled us for awhile. Second half was much better.

Couple thoughts:

— Pulisic simply sucks at corner kicks. Can’t even hit a head. Constantly kicks it clear of any players. BTW he was awful tonight in the run of play.

— I didn’t know squat about this Zendejas guy. He’s capped now. Looks skilled and entertaining. Shocked he’s 25! Thought he’d be younger.

— Miles Robinson looked great.

— I’ve been wondering for awhile who our best player is. Sounds crazy, but I think Antonee Robinson consistently plays his position the best. Who would you argue for? Adams? McKennie?

— I still don’t know what to make of limited Reyna viewing. What position does he play? Hard to tell on the field. At one point he was collecting balls from the back line, the next he was on the wing. He’s awkwardly gangly and slow for a wing. Is he a mid?

Anyway, happy to watch the lads play again. And What’s his name finally scored!!! Ha.

• Pepi has looked sharp at the 9 both games. I’m not sold on him hanging up on Berhalter (as he revealed in Jan, describing what happened when Berhalter called him and told him he wasnt on the roster).

Interesting also was Pulisic’s comment after the match saying “its great to let these guys be creative again”, which seemed another knock on Berhalter. Seems like he lost the locker room well before the WC, if I had to guess.

Against Grenada, Pulisic’s corners looked better, fwiw. He had 4 assists I think.

McKinnie seems to have something to prove, some great through balls, and a nice finish on one of Pulisic’s corners where he headed it into a players back, then side volleyed it while it was still in the air. I still am not sure about his atittude.

I really didnt get a read on Reyna either, tbh. Seemed a non-factor yesterday.

Glad to see De La Torre getting run. I still have high hopes for him.

Frankly, I’m still not sure if we’re not a bunch of soft weenies who were coddled and catered to by their non-working moms. Even if Berhalter wasn’t the answer, Gio being back and starting and the team seemingly openly talking trash about Berhalter makes a bad impression on me.

They think they’re empowered, and I think they may be coddled and mentally weak.

But we’ll see.

• Soft, coddled weenies!!! You must be like butter, cuz you’re on a roll! So funny! 🙂

And I like De La Torre. I’m not sure he’s the regular starter, but a good back up at the very least. But he’s had flashes of both good and bad.

I haven’t read much on the Berhalter scandal since the dumbass Reyna stuff filled the air with a nasty stench. I’ll never look at that kid the same again, sadly.

Per Pepi and any other forward we play…Maybe that guy we are chasing with ties to England will help. Still all about the same otherwise to me.