KCmatt's Locks of the Week

• Week 2 - I’ll keep my record the rest of the season. Feel free to join! I’ll keep standings/record for all those who play.

1. Oklahoma -11 @ Nebraska: OU -11. LOCK IT IN.
    2. Purdue @ Cuse: ML +105 Purdue
    3. Hawks @ Cougs: +8.5 Hawks
    4. Wake vs. Liberty : -16.5 Wake all day
    5. Nevada @ Iowa: +23 Nevada
    6. Fresno State @ USC: -12.5 USC

• I think Purdue gets beat.

Cuse is much better then expected so far, they have the best RB in the ACC & their QB is a runner that’s difficult to take down at his size & surprisingly enough its their defense that’s done well too when it was expected to be below average. I know my team (FSU) has a road tilt with them later this year and the projections for that one have already shifted from likely win to toss-up/perhaps even underdog.

• @BeddieKU23 same combo that got them a 5-7 record a year ago.

Purdue returned their QB from a year ago and despite a tough loss to PSU I think they mostly look like the 9-win team they did from a season ago.

• @Kcmatt7 said in KCmatt's Locks of the Week:

@BeddieKU23 same combo that got them a 5-7 record a year ago.

Purdue returned their QB from a year ago and despite a tough loss to PSU I think they mostly look like the 9-win team they did from a season ago.

No doubt they were not good last year. Fired the offensive coordinator and so far they are looking far better then projected. Whether the Louisville win was fluky or not (I’ll know more around 11pm EST tonight). I was not discounting Purdue at all, I think they are a solid team that would have been expected to win this one rather easily before the season started. I think that gap has narrowed significantly, Cuse is at home riding some momentum. Surprised they are favored so I see why your taking the money line here.

Interesting game of styles. Purdue’s QB can sling it (although he hasn’t been that accurate this year) & Cuse wants to ground and pound with their stud RB & running QB combo.

• @BeddieKU23 I decided not to make anything of the Louisville game. And just write it off as a first game with no film from one side vs. the other.

Although it was surprising to see Satterfield be the one underprepared… I sort of expected him to take Lousiville up a notch this season.

• @Kcmatt7

It’s interesting because Louisville looked just as awful last week against UCF until the 2nd half.

Satterfield is a weird dude but he’s hard to gameplan against with his style. I’m not convinced he has staying power there once Cunningham is gone. I was also surprised they were beaten that badly week 1. I’m not sure he’s got dudes this year. I’ll find out later. He’s stuffed our D Coordinator in a locker in the first half the last two years

• @BeddieKU23 said in KCmatt's Locks of the Week:

@Kcmatt7

It’s interesting because Louisville looked just as awful last week against UCF until the 2nd half.

Satterfield is a weird dude but he’s hard to gameplan against with his style. I’m not convinced he has staying power there once Cunningham is gone. I was also surprised they were beaten that badly week 1. I’m not sure he’s got dudes this year. I’ll find out later. He’s stuffed our D Coordinator in a locker in the first half the last two years

That Louisville defense is weaker than wet toilet paper. Wow.

• Forgot to post these earlier: Corn +10.5 (oops) Baylor -30 Carl and Mary Ice Go Cats -14 Mean Green +2.5 Stormin Mormons +2.5 Tide -49.5 Rock Chalk +8.5 Sparty +3.5 Meep meep +12.5 USC -11

• @Kcmatt7

That ending to the Purdue/Cuse game was unreal. Those refs should be shown the door.

• @BeddieKU23 that was tough to watch…

Good game though! Electric!

• @BeddieKU23 I watched most of that 2nd half and I’m forgetting what the officiating problem was.