Assessing The Jayhawk 2014-15 B12 Schedule

• Last Thursday the B12 released the conference schedule for this coming season. If you haven’t seen it yet, here it is:

2014-15 Kansas Big 12 Schedule

Wednesday, January 7 - Kansas at Baylor (ESPNU) - 8:00 p.m.

Saturday, January 10 - Texas Tech at Kansas (ESPNU) - 2:00 p.m.

Tuesday, January 13 - Oklahoma State at Kansas (ESPN2)

Saturday, January 17 - Kansas at Iowa State (ESPN or ESPN2) - 5/8:00 p.m.

Monday, January 19 - Oklahoma at Kansas (ESPN) - 8:00 p.m.

Saturday, January 24 - Kansas at Texas (CBS) - 1:00 p.m.

Wednesday, January 28 - Kansas at TCU (ESPNU) - 8:00 p.m.

Saturday, January 31 - K-State at Kansas (ESPN or ESPN2) - 1:00 p.m.

Monday, February 2 - Iowa State at Kansas (ESPN) - 8:00 p.m.

Saturday, February 7 - Kansas at Oklahoma State (ESPN or ESPN2) - 1:00 p.m.

Tuesday, February 10 - Kansas at Texas Tech (ESPN2)

Saturday, February 14 - Baylor at Kansas (CBS) - Noon

Monday, February 16 - Kansas at West Virginia (ESPN) - 8:00 p.m.

Saturday, February 21 - TCU at Kansas (ESPN2)

Monday, February 23 - Kansas at K-State (ESPN) - 8:00 p.m.

Saturday, February 28 - Texas at Kansas (ESPN or ESPN2)

Tuesday, March 3 - West Virginia at Kansas (ESPN2)

Saturday, March 7 - Kansas at Oklahoma (ESPN or ESPN2)

Wednesday-Saturday, March 11-14 - Phillips 66 Big 12 Men’s Basketball Championship Sprint Center - Kansas City

It is hard to judge this schedule without knowing more about all the B12 teams. But I’m sure many of you have knowledge of many or all of the teams so it would be great to hear from you on how you see this schedule unfolding for us.

Trap games?

• @drgnslayr

The first stretch that stands out to me is Jan 13 - Jan 19. Oklahoma State, @ Iowa State, Oklahoma is a tough stretch. I’d be willing to guess that each of those teams will be in the top half of the conference. Because that’s such a challenging stretch, I’d be wary of that January 10 game with Texas Tech at the Fieldhouse.

I’d also be wary of the game @ West Virginia on February 16 after the Saturday game with Baylor. That looks like a road trap game.

The Big Monday game against K-State is another game that is always tough.

The Hawks need to be careful of the final conference game @ Oklahoma also, as KU has not done well in season ending road conference games the last few years.

• In addition to KU, who will be favored to repeat as champions, Texas, Oklahoma, Iowa State and Kansas State will all be well above average teams and the conference as a whole will be be top 2 or 3.

I guess it will come down to depth and injuries as some of the teams have a strong starting lineups but shallow benches. I know it is popular to downplay Barnes capabilities, but if you look at his record, he can coach. Hoiberg and Kruger can flat out coach and while not as good as the others, Weber can coach well if he has the players, don’t forget he finished tied with KU in the 2012-13 season and was ranked in the top 10 at the end of that season. In Marcus Foster he has arguably the best guard in the conference

There is a lot of talent in the conference and KU will have to earn the title; it cannot afford to relax since (at least) the other four teams mentioned will be chomping at the bit to unseat KU.

• @drgnslayr the ou game could easily be a trap. Also on the road vs ksu feb 23.

• @JayHawkFanToo please never ever mention that tie again!!!

• @Crimsonorblue22

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it” - George Santayana

• @JayHawkFanToo always have a come back!!! Jk