Chiefs Moving?

• Heard a scoop tonight. Once the Royals move downtown, the Chiefs will likely move to the Kansas side. The likely site is around K10/K7.

I’m not a Chiefs fan or KC guy so idk if it’s a good or bad thing, but that’s what I heard from someone who knows Clark quite well.

• This is pretty logical. If the Royals move downtown it’ll be on tax payers dime. And they probably can’t afford to foot the bill for two stadiums. So moving to the KS side makes a lot of sense.

• I have a hard time believing this. They are going to have to invest millions of dollars to host the World Cup. I can’t imagine they just flush that money dow. The toilet and move a couple years later. Also, Arrowhead is a huge part of Lamar’s legacy. I just can’t see Clark tearing it down and moving on. I’ll personally be absolutely shocked if the Chiefs move.

• @Woodrow said in Chiefs Moving?:

I have a hard time believing this. They are going to have to invest millions of dollars to host the World Cup. I can’t imagine they just flush that money dow. The toilet and move a couple years later. Also, Arrowhead is a huge part of Lamar’s legacy. I just can’t see Clark tearing it down and moving on. I’ll personally be absolutely shocked if the Chiefs move.

Investing a few million in order to host the World Cup is nothing really. Not if developers and tax payers are going to basically fund your new stadium for you. One with a roof so that you can host a Superbowl in Kansas City. Which would cement Clark’s legacy…

They are professional sports moguls. That is what the Hunt family is. I do not expect them to let sentimental value get in the way of growing the value of the Chiefs.

Do I think it is possible that the Royals and Chiefs both get a new stadium and they are both in MO? Sure. Probably still the most likely outcome. But I think the move to the Kansas side isn’t that far fetched.

• With the Royals thing being official, and the legislation that got Panasonic to DeSoto, the K7/K10 site all the sudden makes a lot more sense.

• no way they’ll be at K10/K7 area. Why move to another location 20 miles from downtown. Current location sucks, but KC makes it work with the tailgating.

• @DanR i believe building it there would come with additional development around the stadium.

• @Kcmatt7 @DanR this is correct

• Daily prayer that I never have to visit Missouri again.