Wow...Who Da Thunk It?

• Working great for me and my family, most of the teachers and my friends

• @Jethro I found some info to contradict your story. I have to stand up for loved ones that have died from covid before the vaccine was available. I work at school with kids, fully vaxxed and masked. I wear my mask in public. I have asthma. This isn’t the place for this.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/04/pandemics-wrongest-man/618475/

• @Jethro said in Wow...Who Da Thunk It?:

https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/what-do-oklahoma-and-portugal-have?s=r

There are a great many basic errors in this piece. Then again, math was never Alex “reefer madness” Berenson’s strong suit.

• @FarmerJayhawk The facts are not on your side. You won’t be able to explain how a vaccinated country can have hospitals full of vaccinated patients with Covid and death rates from Covid that are higher than lower vaccinated countries without reaching the conclusion that the mrna vaccines don’t work. The virus simply mutates and the vaccine is powerless to stop the mutated virus. I have hundreds of articles that prove this. I was one of the lucky ones- I was pressured, cajoled, urged incessantly to get vaccinated, and I basically said I wanted to wait until I had more information. So, I waited and started reading about all the heart problems associated with the vaccine, and I’m glad I waited. For a guy like me who has had numerous heart attacks, it probably saved my life to not take the plunge. I don’t fault anybody if they got vaccinated, but I would strongly urge if you are vaccinated to supplement your regular vitamin intake with Vitamin C and D, Iodine, and Zinc to guard against mutated forms of the Covid virus. That will help your immune system to fight off the mutations.

• Anyone interested in attempting to participate in this discussion should read Crash Go the Chariots about the difficulty of disproving bogus science theories such as those presented in Chariots of the Gods.

Or stock up on headache relief medicine.

(Edited to remove Asimov reference.)

• The vaccines do not stop virus from mutations, however, it has been proven by data that vaccines helped significantly in lowering the severity of symptoms. Hospitalizations and mortality are much lower in vaccinated individuals compared to non-vaccinated population.

• @Jethro said in Wow...Who Da Thunk It?:

@FarmerJayhawk The facts are not on your side. You won’t be able to explain how a vaccinated country can have hospitals full of vaccinated patients with Covid and death rates from Covid that are higher than lower vaccinated countries without reaching the conclusion that the mrna vaccines don’t work. The virus simply mutates and the vaccine is powerless to stop the mutated virus. I have hundreds of articles that prove this. I was one of the lucky ones- I was pressured, cajoled, urged incessantly to get vaccinated, and I basically said I wanted to wait until I had more information. So, I waited and started reading about all the heart problems associated with the vaccine, and I’m glad I waited. For a guy like me who has had numerous heart attacks, it probably saved my life to not take the plunge. I don’t fault anybody if they got vaccinated, but I would strongly urge if you are vaccinated to supplement your regular vitamin intake with Vitamin C and D, Iodine, and Zinc to guard against mutated forms of the Covid virus. That will help your immune system to fight off the mutations.

I feel sorry for you buddy. A heart is nothing to mess around with- -hope you don’t have anymore. -I think should for sure b up to the individual , not pressured int. I just got out of a nursing home for re-hab and had multiple nurses say it SHOULD be freedom of Choice and how just be vaccinated doesn’t cure you from b or getting Covid. - If your concerned about the heart issues that might go along with the ?Vaccine for you then hell ya I know I wouldn’t. Again one heart - - one life. - -I’m not going to judge or condemn people who get the shots - -and sure not going to for not getting them. - I haven’t got the shot and no plans too. Still looking for more info.

The shot for me is like some of the things you brought up , to me have always gotten a kick out of when a Dr prescribes a med for something you have - -then you start reading the side effects from taking tht med- -they list about 15 possible side effects from taking it.- So you think -welp got rid of whatever BUT now I’ve got all kinds of issues from taking the med.

I’m no genius about this - - don’t claim to be. Botom line for me is it’s all about Choice. Very easily might be the wrong decision for me and I might STILL ger the shot as they are calling for yet another surge this fall and Winter. I guess what I’m trying to say bud is You - - -do You. If you want more info then dammit wait for that info - don’t let anyone pressure you into something your not 100 % confident in. - -I’m not saying right or wrong. but you got to make what you feel is your best choice. Chances are I’ll probably more then not end up getting the shot because of my wife ,BUT not because some Joe trying to pressure me into it Hang in there Buddy & ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG

• The principles behind the covid vaccine and the seasonal flu vaccine are the same: It gives you some immunity/resistance so you are less likely to get infected; but, if you do, it also reduces the severity to the point that death from the virus is extremely unlikely.

(I’m not an expert, so I think what I’m about to say is accurate, but you should always talk to a physician if you’re not sure.) The only difference between the Pfizer / Moderna vaccines and the flu vaccines is that P/M vaccines were developed using mRNA tech which is fairly new. As I understand it, the J&J vaccine did not use that tech. J&J is less effective against the virus, but if you are concerned about mRNA tech (and the very low rate of pulmonary issues that have been noted), then perhaps the J&J is the better route for you.

There is no reason for large numbers of Americans to still be dying from covid at this point other than multiple co-morbidities and skepticism.

• @tis4tim did you research this before posting?

• I think in the absence of a cohesive public narrative the public is going crazy.

• @tis4tim Your research should include looking into the misuse of the Vaers data by antivaxxers. Snopes.com has lots of info.

• Unfortunately, in America, this issue medical issue has become a political issue.

One simple point is to talk to medical experts in particular physicians.

When we get sick who do we turn to for advice? For major health issues who do we listen to? Shouldn’t the same apply here?

Every physician specializing in infectious diseases has overwhelmingly endorsed Covid vaccine. They have all taken it themselves.

If there was scientific evidence of vaccines causing other health issues these physicians would not risk their own health. Thats how I feel.

• @tis4tim All I did was give you some more information about the sources used by the site you presented. Did I argue? If you were “researching” your reaction should have been, “Thanks, I will look at that, too.”

“Looking at all sides” does not mean everything you look at has the same level of credibility. Not all opinions are based on facts, and the site you posted uses data completely out of context. Don’t get into a defensive snit just because someone wants you to consider “the other side” from what you posted.