NIL KU merchandise

• @BeddieKU23

You see what I see… this kid is a future superstar! I see plays in him already that Frank or Devonte couldn’t make (and that says a lot!).

Bob is a freak athlete like we haven’t experienced before. Much like how Frank was a different kind of freak athlete. Frank was a freak athlete bulldog. Bob is a freak athlete with last second moves. Sharp cuts… nuance fakes… scoring/passing distance… seeing the game through his gifted tool set.

Bob is the protégé example of my future concept of basketball in the X-axis! For those who don’t know… the game is best played side-to-side instead of up-and-down. Horizontal capability is more important than vertical capability. It’s the main reason for the high ball screen… creating mismatches. People used to think it was most important to create offense with a small player guarding a big. Ha… it’s the other way around. Small ball handlers school the bigs because of footwork and ease of creating scoring distance. Now imagine a team built on creating the mismatch at all 5 positions and running schemes to take advantage of it from a team perspective! Now you understand “X-axis” basketball theory!

I know many will question this strategy because they think it limits defense capabilities. How do you guard the bigs? This is where you have to understand… stop letting offenses setup with ease and running on their pace. It really isn’t hard to do. If you have lateral speed you should be pressuring in the backcourt… or at least half court. Stop them from running sets. Pressure passing lanes at the ball first. Speed up the game so they speed up their offense. Run their bigs into exhaustion!

We could SHRED a team like Gonzaga if we went to an X-axis strategy. The problem is Big Dave. I love that guy… but he slows us down. Look at Zach’s numbers. He matched Dave’s output when considering PT. I’m not sure if Zach is the answer yet because I don’t know about his speed. I bet bringing back JALEN could do it! I love how Self talks about how much faster this team is with Jalen. Isn’t that a clue that Jalen replaces Big D for minutes?

• @drgnslayr man, don’t get me started on Dave again. I was in the doghouse here for awhile the last time. 🐕 ruff!

• This post is deleted!

• @drgnslayr I wonder how much of this type of defensive style Self might use this year. He’s got the guys up top to disrupt the opponent getting into their sets. Seems to be part of the plan for this team to reach its full potential.

Do you really think we will run with Jalen at the 5? I’ll believe it when I see it.

• 32 bucks? I guess Bobby is keying in on the inflationary pricing!

• @wissox I wonder how little of this he sees, heh. MSRP on this stuff has always been pretty terrible.

• The radio broadcast mentioned that Chris Teahan was the best seller among the player shirts at Rally House.

• @benshawks08

“Do you really think we will run with Jalen at the 5? I’ll believe it when I see it.”

“The other thing that we haven’t done yet is I think that we can play Jalen at the 5 and get really quick,” Self said.

I don’t see how we can deny the obvious. Doesn’t mean we run real small all year, but WOW! Jalen is going to have to get his minutes somewhere… and Self thinks he is a 30+ minute player.

Remember… Jalen isn’t the same guy you saw last year. He’s a guy that went to work on his lower body strength. He totally listened to coaching… That is going to help him considerably as a rebounder. I can see him lead this team in rebs. Low post defense? In the X-axis world it is about not giving up good position in the low post. Lower body strength is important, but also hustle, fight, and footwork.

• @benshawks08 said in NIL KU merchandise:

@drgnslayr I wonder how much of this type of defensive style Self might use this year. He’s got the guys up top to disrupt the opponent getting into their sets. Seems to be part of the plan for this team to reach its full potential.

Do you really think we will run with Jalen at the 5? I’ll believe it when I see it.

Jalen played some minutes at the 5 last year. I don’t think it’ll be frequent, but I do expect to see Jalen at the 5 with certain match ups.