OK so now the Question becomes

• So it’s already been brought up, so I guess might as well ask, now the question becomes - -does Jalen play next weekend burning his Red-Shirt ? - OR do we keep him out of these last two games ?

Sorry guys but from my standpoint - - my view I would have to say - if Bean is ready - -we hold Jalen, he going to be to vital for us I believe. I mean we not going to go to any Bowls this year or anything like that - -Save Daniels and he will still have 3 years. You can see with the only exception where the ball got tipped , no INT looked pretty good on the roll out’s -why waste a year for 3 games?

This program is making headway – making strides last year we were winless -this year we got 2 wins and a Big 12 road win. - We Beat Texas and we played Oklahoma tough/close. Here in Jayhawk Country we call that progress - have to crawl before we walk and guys we are about to take that 1st step. - -just my opinion we save Jalen , what you think ?

• @jayballer67 said in OK so now the Question becomes:

So it’s already been brought up, so I guess might as well ask, now the question becomes - -does Jalen play next weekend burning his Red-Shirt ? - OR do we keep him out of these last two games ?

Sorry guys but from my standpoint - - my view I would have to say - if Bean is ready - -we hold Jalen, he going to be to vital for us I believe. I mean we not going to go to any Bowls this year or anything like that - -Save Daniels and he will still have 3 years. You can see with the only exception where the ball got tipped , no INT looked pretty good on the roll out’s -why waste a year for 3 games?

This program is making headway – making strides last year we were winless -this year we got 2 wins and a Big 12 road win. - We Beat Texas and we played Oklahoma tough/close. Here in Jayhawk Country we call that progress - have to crawl before we walk and guys we are about to take that 1st step. - -just my opinion we save Jalen , what you think ?

Totally agree that we keep him out. All the national pub for the Texas win is a huge recruiting coup. Losing him for a a couple of games won’t hurt the program. Meanwhile we pick up another year’s worth of linemen to protect him next year and beyond.

• Daniels has 3 more years without a redshirt due to the Covid year. Play whoever gives you the best chance to win: I think it’ll be Daniels the rest of the way.

• @nwhawkfan said in OK so now the Question becomes:

@jayballer67 said in OK so now the Question becomes:

So it’s already been brought up, so I guess might as well ask, now the question becomes - -does Jalen play next weekend burning his Red-Shirt ? - OR do we keep him out of these last two games ?

Totally agree that we keep him out. All the national pub for the Texas win is a huge recruiting coup. Losing him for a a couple of games won’t hurt the program. Meanwhile we pick up another year’s worth of linemen to protect him next year and beyond.

looks like we lost the battle here guy. Jalen is cool I guess with burning his redshirt to play these last two games. - Wish he would of sit - -but I tell you he looks so much better. - -I don’t know how much to put into it is because of the competition OR has he really improved that much. - -I think maybe some of both - -Texas - - sucks AND Jalen has improved and maturing does at times throws a really nice ball has a cannon for an arm

• @FarmerJayhawk said in OK so now the Question becomes:

Daniels has 3 more years without a redshirt due to the Covid year. Play whoever gives you the best chance to win: I think it’ll be Daniels the rest of the way.

I agree with you quite a bit Farmer , the only thing so if he has 3 yrs not counting the redshirt - -so if he redshirted he would also still have 3 more years right? Cause of the Covid or what ?- -I just think if we were close to eligible for some kind of bowl then I would agree more, but I do see if he plays and we would happen to sneak a win tomorrow against TCU and I do think there is a small chance to do that, the advantage would out weight the redshirt - -can only help recruiting and I do feel we saw improvement loved him on the roll outs - -Nothing personal against Jason either like him to because of the dual threat.

Can’t believe I’m saying this really but is Jalen become a better passer then Bean ? -what ya think ? seen some pretty good things - I know it’s just the one game - -and it was Texas who just sucks this year. I dunno farmer guess really I’m good either way

• @jayballer67 said in OK so now the Question becomes:

@FarmerJayhawk said in OK so now the Question becomes:

Daniels has 3 more years without a redshirt due to the Covid year. Play whoever gives you the best chance to win: I think it’ll be Daniels the rest of the way.

I agree with you quite a bit Farmer , the only thing so if he has 3 yrs not counting the redshirt - -so if he redshirted he would also still have 3 more years right? Cause of the Covid or what ?- -I just think if we were close to eligible for some kind of bowl then I would agree more, but I do see if he plays and we would happen to sneak a win tomorrow against TCU and I do think there is a small chance to do that, the advantage would out weight the redshirt - -can only help recruiting and I do feel we saw improvement loved him on the roll outs - -Nothing personal against Jason either like him to because of the dual threat.

Can’t believe I’m saying this really but is Jalen become a better passer then Bean ? -what ya think ? seen some pretty good things - I know it’s just the one game - -and it was Texas who just sucks this year. I dunno farmer guess really I’m good either way

If he takes a redshirt this year, he has 4 more to play. If he plays again this year, he has 3 more to play.

• The quality of opponents has to play a factor in this decision as well. If we still had Baylor, OSU, OU or other good teams, I’d say sit him and don’t burn the redshirt. But, KU’s last two games are against the teams currently sitting in 8th and 9th in the Big 12 respectively so those are winnable games for KU and chance to build some momentum headed into the off-season so I’d definitely play whoever gives KU the best chance to win and build thar momentum.

• He said he wanted to play.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 said in OK so now the Question becomes:

The quality of opponents has to play a factor in this decision as well. If we still had Baylor, OSU, OU or other good teams, I’d say sit him and don’t burn the redshirt. But, KU’s last two games are against the teams currently sitting in 8th and 9th in the Big 12 respectively so those are winnable games for KU and chance to build some momentum headed into the off-season so I’d definitely play whoever gives KU the best chance to win and build thar momentum.

Reckon that makes reasonable sense. - -If we could win this TCU game think would be huge. I realize we are playing the 8 & 9th teams but this is still bad program - - BUT making strides. I just don’t hope we have a repeat like the week after we played tough against Oklahoma… - -you can see progress with this team won 2 games this year -Beat Texas - on the road , and played OU Tough - -things starting to show some promise. Hope Jalen can continue to grow