Coach K Takes Swipe At Andrew Wiggins

• It is summer… and sometimes in the summer it takes some digging to find something to talk about.

Here is my digging for today.

Coach K discussing the advice he gave to LeBron about deciding where to play:

“I hope that the main thing is he serves as an example of what a star player, what a great player does in order to develop his greatness and keep it going. For Kyrie to be around that on a day-to-day basis, really all the teammates, but especially Kyrie because he can be that level of player. He’s very fortunate to have that.”

Kind of seems he feels Kyrie’s potential exceeds that of young Andrew’s potential.

I’m not trying to come down on Kyrie or Coach K… Kyrie is a definite talent. But it seems like Coach K got away with one so I thought it deserved a mention, and I’m sure someone out there has something to say about it.

Here is the link…

So think ahead 10 years… who will make the biggest impact, Kyrie or Andrew?

Might as well throw Jabari in there, too… Kyrie, Andrew or Jabari?

• @drgnslayr I don’t know as I’d make too much of his comment. I’d say it’s just because Kyrie was a Dookie. If they had interviewed Self instead of Coach K, Self would have promoted Wiggins.

As far as 10 years down the road…that’s a tough call. A lot of how well each of them do depends on their teams/teammates. None of them are LeBron or MJ.

• I don’t read much into the comment either. There is a good chance that the talk with LeBron took place before the draft and before Wiggins was selected by Cleveland…remember, Embiid was supposed to be the top pick.

• @nuleafjhawk Big difference! Coach Self would have included all players. He’s a class act!

• I’m not trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. I just thought it was interesting how he worded it and he definitely is aware of the media-sensation Wiggins on board. It just seems he could have parsed his words differently.

I agree with @Crimsonorblue22 … Self would have mentioned others, too. I recall he sung high praise for Jabari during the draft interviews.

I was just digging and trying to find something to chat about.

I don’t think we are playing Duke in the preseason this year. Too bad. I thought our game with Duke this past year was one of our more-entertaining games and it was one of our better played games.

It would be nice to see our star recruits against theirs again. I would think this time Perry would stand out more as the guy with experience and talent.