Well getting close I'm ready believe it or not. Are you ?

• Re: Quality Coaching

Well Guys it’s right around the corner. I’m ready to see how LL does his 1st year, think he is a quality Coach - -High praise from other Coach’s I’m also a realist, if we could somehow get 3 wins this year I think that would be huge for him in his 1st year here. I think he has a very solid staff and he will be the one to get us back on the upward trend and get us out of this sewage hole we have been in for the past Decade.

So like to hear your thoughts. - -Ya think Bean will be our starting QB ? - -Do you think Neal see’s the field Friday Night ? - If so to what extent ? - -I think yes to all of these , I think Bean WILL be the starting QB. - I think he will remain our starting QB. - unless Daniels pushes really hard. Love the kids speed/feet you can’t account for speed. makes him more of a threat dual QB , a guy that can make a play out of nothing - -use those feet, pretty dam fast. Hear 4-3 40 or 4-4 40 nothing to sneeze at , the more reps he gets the better off we will be.

I don’t see how your gonna keep Neal off the field been hearing nothing but praise on him. Love our stable of running backs he won’t start - -at least for now but I would bet he wil get at least 10 touches Friday Night or close anyways and only gonna get more as the season goes.

The one HUGE thing is once again going to be our O-Line don’t matter how much speed you have unless your running for your life every play. It’s all gonna key on if our O-Line can substain a block - - open a hole - -pass protect give Bean at least a chance to make a play - - open a hole for our RB - -again if the hole isn’t there then no matter how quality you are ain’t happening. We have just got to get improved O-Line play - I think we will be better. Anxious to see how this new O-Line Coach can get these guys to work. - - BUT I’M READY - -let’s do this. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Bean will be the starter. Neal wasn’t listed on the two deep but will get probably 10 or so touches. I like our OL better than I have in a few years. I think we have a solid 5: Bostick, Clark, Novitsky, Grunhard, Cabledue. And the next 3 (Hughes, Ford, Lopeti) are decent. I think Hughes overtakes Grunhard eventually. He’s just been dinged up. Not a ton of depth though. I’m guessing like 27-17 final.

• @FarmerJayhawk said in Well getting close I'm ready believe it or not. Are you ?:

Bean will be the starter. Neal wasn’t listed on the two deep but will get probably 10 or so touches. I like our OL better than I have in a few years. I think we have a solid 5: Bostick, Clark, Novitsky, Grunhard, Cabledue. And the next 3 (Hughes, Ford, Lopeti) are decent. I think Hughes overtakes Grunhard eventually. He’s just been dinged up. Not a ton of depth though. I’m guessing like 27-17 final.

Agree, still very important the O-Line doesn’t substain multiple long term injury right off the bat. - -I love this staff I think these guys seem to be very solid and going to be interesting how they guys preform and see if we can see that difference in development. - Pretty excited for LL I’m hoping we have found our Coach. I am also hoping fans will get their butts back in the stands for support

Huge difference between where you have fans enough fans that can have some impact backing the kids and a empty or morgue type sitting from the fans - -need to make some noise - -just hope the team can give us the fans something to get excited about - -I think we might surprise and be competitive in some games make it worth the while to make the trip - -pretty excited to see Bean and the boys. – ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Well sounds like there is a good chance we going to be playing in the rain tomorrow Night. - heard the forecast this morning and good chance of off and on storms through Saturday Morning. Locally heavy rain , flooding main concerns - not total washout they said and not everyone in North Eastern Ks be getting rain at the same time but someone going to be getting rain here in North East Kansas. Chance of some severe tonight - -yep football is here lol

• UCF, BYU, Cincinnati and Houston are going to receive Big12 invites.

• @Marco said in Well getting close I'm ready believe it or not. Are you ?:

UCF, BYU, Cincinnati and Houston are going to receive Big12 invites.

Barf 🤮

• This is as good as the B12 could hope for at this point. 3 of the 4 have recently played in New Years 6 games and BYU had a strong case last year. I would put this version of the B12 ahead of the P12 and equal or ahead of the ACC most years in football as far as top to bottom strength. There’s nobody on Clemson’s level, but the middle and bottom of the B12 would be stronger than the ACC most years.

In basketball, UCF would be a doormat and would be comparable to what TCU was when they entered the league. BYU would likely be a bottom half of the conference team initially, but much more competitive than UCF would be. Cincy and Houston would be tournament caliber teams as soon as they enter the league and good enough to be in the rotation of who challenges Kansas and Baylor each year.

I’m also curious if BYU and UCF would be all sports members or football only since both schools are about 900 miles away from its nearest B12 campus. Lubbock is about 875 miles from Provo and Cincinnati and Morgantown are both at 899 from Orlando according to Google Maps.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 said in Well getting close I'm ready believe it or not. Are you ?:

This is as good as the B12 could hope for at this point. 3 of the 4 have recently played in New Years 6 games and BYU had a strong case last year. I would put this version of the B12 ahead of the P12 and equal or ahead of the ACC most years in football as far as top to bottom strength. There’s nobody on Clemson’s level, but the middle and bottom of the B12 would be stronger than the ACC most years.

In basketball, UCF would be a doormat and would be comparable to what TCU was when they entered the league. BYU would likely be a bottom half of the conference team initially, but much more competitive than UCF would be. Cincy and Houston would be tournament caliber teams as soon as they enter the league and good enough to be in the rotation of who challenges Kansas and Baylor each year.

I’m also curious if BYU and UCF would be all sports members or football only since both schools are about 900 miles away from its nearest B12 campus. Lubbock is about 875 miles from Provo and Cincinnati and Morgantown are both at 899 from Orlando according to Google Maps.

Yeah, and that is the downfall (which was what I didn’t like about adding West Virginia), no goegraphic proximity. But how could the conference do any better?

• Sure sounding like more and more the 4 School mentioned are about to become members of the Big 12. No not Tomorrow - or the day after , probably not even next year. Yet in a couple of years chances are they will be. Scooby Axson of USA Today had an article - not sure how much investment you can put into an Article written by Scooby- Doo but seems like this is becoming an broad feeling. He broke down these schools and what they would bring : These AAC Schools must give the Conference 27 months notice and pay 10 Million fee for leaving.

Houston :Has an expansive recruiting pipeline - - -4th largest City , has a cpmpetitive football program & rising Basketball program and adds instant Value and Credibility.

CinCinnati : Is Primarily known as a Basketball School Football program making Strides and is currently ranked in the top 10 of the USA Today .Used to playing Musical Chairs when it comes to Conference re-alignment has been part of the Conference USA - - -Big East - - & the Mid American. Their Media Market is ranked # 36th which is bigger then markets near Iowa State , Baylor , & Texas Tech.

BYU : BYU is an Independent in Football , so doesn’t really have to do that much in settling or paying fees to join a league, BUT that may not be the case in other sports as they are a member of the West Coast Conference. They don’t play on Sundays but that is an easy fix in terms of working around the Schedule. They do have an issue because they do have games Scheduled through 2035 and almost a full slate of games contracted from now until 2024 - Yet if nothing else BYU brings one of the most broad and Passionate fan base.

Central Florida :Has the Nations largest undergraduate enrollment, Many Students on campus and has the very rich recruiting land in the Sun Shine State. It is possible - quite possible that UCF could be competing for Conference Titles in Football as soon as Oklahoma and Texas leave. Also the Orlando Television Market is very intriguing because it has the Nations largest Market that is without the Value of having a National Football League team. UCF’S academics and MASSIVE budget for sure satisfies the Big 12 needs.

Pretty good write up. - -Sure looks like this is the diretion for sure the the talking heads have decided to do. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer67 TV markets are almost completely irrelevant in B12 expansion because there’s no B12 Network at this time and I doubt one is created before the conference signs their next TV deal in a few years. Even then, media market size is becoming less and less relevant by the year because of cord cutting as well.

If the B12 is smart, whenever they negotiate their next TV deal, they negotiate the creation of a B12 Network with whatever network ends up with priority in broadcasting B12 games.

These 4 schools were chosen because they are among the best G5 schools and the B12 had to do anything possible to maintain its P5 status.

The only real debate was Houston or SMU and Houston was chosen because the B12 needed to keep the city of Houston within its footprint and sphere of influence for recruiting.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 said in Well getting close I'm ready believe it or not. Are you ?:

@jayballer67 TV markets are almost completely irrelevant in B12 expansion because there’s no B12 Network at this time and I doubt one is created before the conference signs their next TV deal in a few years. Even then, media market size is becoming less and less relevant by the year because of cord cutting as well.

If the B12 is smart, whenever they negotiate their next TV deal, they negotiate the creation of a B12 Network with whatever network ends up with priority in broadcasting B12 games.

These 4 schools were chosen because they are among the best G5 schools and the B12 had to do anything possible to maintain its P5 status.

The only real debate was Houston or SMU and Houston was chosen because the B12 needed to keep the city of Houston within its footprint and sphere of influence for recruiting.

they would be a fool not to include UCF if indeed they are serious about expansion - the Tv Media market has and will still play a bigger role in all this then what your implying With UCF’S market and their recruitng ground you can not I repeat can NOT afford to look the other way from them

• @jayballer67 I’m not sure where you’re getting I’m against expansion or adding UCF from. I think you’re overestimating the importance of UCF being in Orlando from a TV and recruiting point of view.

Without a B12 Network, TV market size is a minimal factor in expansion because there’s nothing to distribute that makes a bigger market matter. If these schools join before the TV deal is up, there will be games on ESPN+. ESPN+ is the same price for anyone to watch UCF whether someone lives in Orlando or Seattle.

These 4 schools were chosen because they’re among the best G5 schools and give the B12 the best chance of maintaining Power 5 status which is all the B12 cares about right now.

Even in the B12, UCF isn’t going to start competing with the SEC and ACC powers for the 5 star kids in Florida. They’re still going to be getting the second and third tier athletes in the state. We’re also not going to see a huge surge in B12 schools recruiting in Florida either. WVU is probably the only school that will that sees an significant uptick in Florida recruiting. Cincy already does a bit because of sharing a league, but they mostly recruit locally since they’re in a recruiting hotbed ready.

@jayballer67 I’m not sure where you’re getting I’m against expansion or adding UCF from. I think you’re overestimating the importance of UCF being in Orlando from a TV and recruiting point of view.

Without a B12 Network, TV market size is a minimal factor in expansion because there’s nothing to distribute that makes a bigger market matter. If these schools join before the TV deal is up, there will be games on ESPN+. ESPN+ is the same price for anyone to watch UCF whether someone lives in Orlando or Seattle.

These 4 schools were chosen because they’re among the best G5 schools and give the B12 the best chance of maintaining Power 5 status which is all the B12 cares about right now.

Even in the B12, UCF isn’t going to start competing with the SEC and ACC powers for the 5 star kids in Florida. They’re still going to be getting the second and third tier athletes in the state. We’re also not going to see a huge surge in B12 schools recruiting in Florida either. WVU is probably the only school that will that sees an significant uptick in Florida recruiting. Cincy already does a bit because of sharing a league, but they mostly recruit locally since they’re in a recruiting hotbed ready.

I’m not here to debate with you on this. I’m simply stating what is being brought forth in the Articles that the talking heads are mentioning. If the TV market value wasn’t a thing that was being figured into this - they sure the hell wouldn’t be playing it up as they are. Others that are involved in this obviously believe there is importance with the Market value - -BUT you can run with what you train of thought is, only I’m not going to just continue to go back and forth. I’ll folow what’s being siad and you can run with your train of thought pretty simple

@jayballer67 TV markets are almost completely irrelevant in B12 expansion because there’s no B12 Network at this time and I doubt one is created before the conference signs their next TV deal in a few years. Even then, media market size is becoming less and less relevant by the year because of cord cutting as well.

Bigtime onboard, the conference - should have done it years ago! - needs to start laying the groundwork on getting a Big12 Network - ACC has one, SEC has one, B1G has one, ditto the PAC12. We have had bad conference leadership, period.

• Well sure looks like things are in the sped up process now. Was talk about possible invites to join by the end of the Month. - -NOW , they are talking like invites could go out possibly in the next 48 hours. Probably Friday

Yahoo Sports say Big 12 leaders had an informal meeting Monday to review impending apps. While not vote took place , a formal vote probably later this week. - They way they have it sit up is - - They Big 12 would continue with ten members for the next two Seasons. Expansion teams BYU , UCF , CinCinnati , & Houston would join in 2023. and then would have two years at 14 teams before UT/OU departure in 2024. The League could still consider another round of expansion prior to new Television deal.

BYU is the Big 12’s Clear cut top choice and could join in 2022. Big 12’s most important factors for expansion Canidates are TV EXPOSURE - - FOOT BALL RELEVANCY - -and CERTAINLY MARKET VALUE/SIZE hmmmmmm, Men’s Basketball also very important. - - - -things starting to roll quickly now - -won’t be long. – ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY