Well , yet another alleged blemish on KU athletics/football

• Opened my computer to check out headlines from sites. Went into Yahoo and under the sports , there was an Article from the KC Star the writer Jesse Newell who follows writes on KU sports. I hear him every week on our local Sports Broadcast here in Topeka they talk to him about everything covering KU.

Article was really long , so would be best if you just pull it up read it yourself. Again it was in the Yahoo site - - actually I pulled up Yahoo was going to check my E-Mails but always go through Yahoo headlines and there was the story from the KC Star that Newell had written.

Basically a KU football player that was from West Virginia I guess had gotten into some disagreements with some team mates , and things got heated to where 4 team mates was in his apt threating Caperton Humphrey - - His Father and even his 15 yr old brother. This was while Miles was the Coach. Bottom line was suposedly the KU athletic dept under long paid him 50,000 to keep it quiet and he go home. – You need to read it really long article by Newell. Goes into more detail, just another very good look for KU Athletics. - I’m so fricking tired of all this crap or supposed crap going on with KU athletics. Check it out yourself

• There are a lot of questions I have about the piece and how all the deets fit together. There’s no neat timeline or other side of the story. The “hush money” was just honoring a guaranteed scholarship and some moving expenses. KU made some mistakes for sure but this isn’t a huge deal IMO. And Newell didn’t execute particularly well. He has a bad tendency of throwing ish against the wall and expecting everyone to reach a particular conclusion he happens to agree with, but for some reason never wants to provide a specific, concrete argument that doesn’t fall apart under even minor scrutiny. Perfect example is his infamous “free the 3” piece.

• @jayballer67 KU football is it’s own unique blemish.

• @FarmerJayhawk said in Well , yet another alleged blemish on KU athletics/football:

There are a lot of questions I have about the piece and how all the deets fit together. There’s no neat timeline or other side of the story. The “hush money” was just honoring a guaranteed scholarship and some moving expenses. KU made some mistakes for sure but this isn’t a huge deal IMO. And Newell didn’t execute particularly well. He has a bad tendency of throwing ish against the wall and expecting everyone to reach a particular conclusion he happens to agree with, but for some reason never wants to provide a specific, concrete argument that doesn’t fall apart under even minor scrutiny. Perfect example is his infamous “free the 3” piece.

Ya I hear ya Farmer and I agree Buddy. The thing is though it’s just a bad look founded or unfounded. Seems like in the last couple of years every time we turn around we are hearing about KU Basketball players whooping on a woman the this incident and others - -the KU/KSU Brawl fiasco the Coach’s suposedly talking about paying for trying to get players to come. I know most of this is bullshit. Yet it’s just not a good look for the athletic dept whether it’s true or not. - I just gets old , I love these guys but dam , could we possibly get through a sports year without any of this alleged crap going on ? would be nice to be able to just be able to concentrate on the sport it’self. Plus again whether these things are true or not, it is a bad look and when your opposition trying to play these things to their advantage in recruiting say things to parents such as - - You really want your son going to a school where all these things go on? - -I know It’s crazy Farmer but just gets tiresome you know ?

• @nuleafjhawk said in Well , yet another alleged blemish on KU athletics/football:

@jayballer67 KU football is it’s own unique blemish.

I hear you there for sure. - -Yet I’m hoping and I think it is , I think we actually are one the verge ov maybe getting this thing turned around. At least one good thing Miles did was help us get our numbers back in the right direction and they were all pretty solid high school kids. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• I don’t think it’s a good idea to accuse people of things without proof either. Lug nuts and drug dealing. The kid will be safe at home.