FIRE UP THE CONFERENCE REALIGNMENT RUMOR MILL

• KU mentioned as a school the PAC wants to poach.

• @BShark said in FIRE UP THE CONFERENCE REALIGNMENT RUMOR MILL:

KU mentioned as a school the PAC wants to poach.

Where did you see that at buddy ? - -I don’t think that would happen but I guess anything MIGHT be possible - -just don’t see it

• Don’t think that makes sense from a travel perspective or television time slot perspective for local fans. But if it makes cents then I’m sure it will be given due consideration.

• @tis4tim said in FIRE UP THE CONFERENCE REALIGNMENT RUMOR MILL:

Don’t think that makes sense from a travel perspective or television time slot perspective for local fans. But if it makes cents then I’m sure it will be given due consideration.

Makes about as much sense as West Virginia becoming a Big 12 member - -travel - -time - -don’t see this happening

• @tis4tim love your 🧠 and 💰

• Just thinking of those late night games is already making me tired

• Pls no. Their conference network is a trash fire and for us east coast Hawks it would be a disaster. B1G is a much better fit.

• Quite frankly, I don’t even want KU in the Big 10. Nebraska is not better off athletically now than when they were in the B12, especially in football because they lost access to Texas for recruiting.

I also don’t see this round of realignment/TV contracts being nearly as eventful as the last couple of rounds because the focus of realignment is different now than it was 10 years ago.

I honestly don’t see much happening outside of maybe the P12 and B12 look at expansion from MWC, BYU, and AAC schools. I don’t think the ACC, B10, or SEC being able to poach anybody this round from the B12.

• I think conferences are discovering that stretching a conference across more than two time zones is a logistical nightmare that will ultimately lose money. You just can’t get TV times right if your viewing market is in three different time zones. When should weekday games tip? 6 is 5 PM in the Mountain time zone, and 4 out west, so that’s too early. On the other hand, if you tip at 9 Central, that’s your prime viewing slot out west, but getting started that late in the Central time zone kills the home market for those games. It’s almost impossible to make everyone happy.

• @FarmerJayhawk said in FIRE UP THE CONFERENCE REALIGNMENT RUMOR MILL:

Pls no. Their conference network is a trash fire and for us east coast Hawks it would be a disaster. B1G is a much better fit.

The Pac-12 just hired a new commissioner last week, so lots of things are on the table, including expansion.

Their last commish was a disaster, if you listen to most of the media out here on the coast. He engineered that TV deal where most of the top games were played too late at night for most of the country. Even though the new guy hasn’t said it yet, fixing that has to be one of his priorities.

I can’t see KU joining on their own…that’d make the conference membership an uneven (and awkward 13 teams). So who’d be the other team(s) to go in with us? Not sure if K-State would even be interested unless the money was right.

• @nwhawkfan said in FIRE UP THE CONFERENCE REALIGNMENT RUMOR MILL:

@FarmerJayhawk said in FIRE UP THE CONFERENCE REALIGNMENT RUMOR MILL:

Pls no. Their conference network is a trash fire and for us east coast Hawks it would be a disaster. B1G is a much better fit.

The Pac-12 just hired a new commissioner last week, so lots of things are on the table, including expansion.

Their last commish was a disaster, if you listen to most of the media out here on the coast. He engineered that TV deal where most of the top games were played too late at night for most of the country. Even though the new guy hasn’t said it yet, fixing that has to be one of his priorities.

I can’t see KU joining on their own…that’d make the conference membership an uneven (and awkward 13 teams). So who’d be the other team(s) to go in with us? Not sure if K-State would even be interested unless the money was right.

It’s going to take a legit conference network and freedom on T3 rights to get someone to jump over there IMO. The money isn’t good there right now because the PAC Network is done totally in house without the support of Disney (ACC, LHN, SEC) or Fox (B1G). Without that they can’t get on any decent cable or streaming package, therefore no eyeballs. Man, I’m sure they’d reach for OU. We know they won’t take a religious school so no TCU or Baylor. Texas has a great deal right now so they wouldn’t jump. OSU, KSU, and Tech don’t fit the PAC’s academic profile.

I mean I love PAC-12 After Dark during football season but I’m definitely an outlier. And would probably like it a lot less if KU was a regular participant. Remember how late the Coastal game kicked last year? Wooooof. I think (it might’ve changed since I graduated) the largest 3 alumni chapters outside KC are Chicago, DFW, and DC. Can’t see a leap to the PAC going over well there. The B1G on the other hand? Sure. And would really be an asset for KU (emphasis on U).