Coach Leipold

• Like it - - -Like it a lot , meeting trying to spell things out. Like how he talks about trust , laying that foundation. no BS sounds pretty straight forward.

Just really hope we can retain Jones & Drake for sure ,I’m so ready for this - -to see how this guy can help us , rebuild this to some repectability. Like I said yesterday and the new Coach said here things are not going to happen instantly KU people have jus GOT TO BE ABLE TO GRASP THAT. - nothing happens over night. Think to many KU fans are hoping and thinking because a guy has a proven winning record , a record of being able to rebuild programs turn things around - -to many fans casual observers feel like that kind of things happens at the snap of the fingers. Guys , it JUST DOESN’T work that way - -it takes time , this guy is not in year one - -he is in like they said yesterday he is in year Zero.

One thing Coach Miles DID DO is get us headed in the right direction with better talented athletes and stop the top heavy JC recruits Miles got probably 95 % High School recruits maybe even higher then that. - - - - Now have heard who knows this is a guy that might go after a FEW – again a FEW JC’s Big difference then Beaty. and as even more talented we are now with our roster and projected 2022 kids were still young - - -very young won’t hurt to get a couple of JC’s that have at experience at key spots that we need.

I think this is a very good hire - - National Media is really high on our hire saying Kansas FINALLY got it right. Another Media member saying it’s a sad day when Ku & Tennessee both have Coaching openings & KU gets the better Coach. I 100 % for sure feel like this is the guy that can get this done IF we as fans show some restraint with THIS COACH , this Coach is not Beaty- - Not Les Miles - -Not Turner Gill so don’t judge as such - -this is Coach Leipold - -this is now OUR COACH comparing him with Turner Gill is complete stupidity , assnine , comparing him with Gill just because they both came from Buffalo - - -that is just insane there is NO COMPARISON between the two - -I’m so ready for this hire. I know I’m not the only one. I know Farmer really likes the guy too we just got to give it time.

This year might still very easily be ugly a crap show for this year, but for the future - what’s ONE more yr of crap for what lies in the future - - respectability I’ll take that any day. A time where we can actually look forward to a football Saturday and enjoy the game being respectible - Truly beleive this IS the guy to get that done Patience my friends - let’s do this - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Does anyone have any leads on who the coordinators/assistant coaches will be?

• @Jhawk69 said in Coach Leipold:

Does anyone have any leads on who the coordinators/assistant coaches will be?

well noting solid but have heard been mentioned for one maybe be bringing his DC with him for one , also heard that chances are that Coach Jones more likely then not will be retained - thats if Coach Jones want to stay , I really think w can’t afford to lose him. To well like by many players.

• @Jhawk69 said in Coach Leipold:

Feel pretty strongly at least Liepold’s DC is coming. And Jones stays for sure. Beyond that I’m not super sure. I really want Leipold’s OL Coach. Very smart guy.

• @FarmerJayhawk said in Coach Leipold:

@Jhawk69 said in Coach Leipold:

Feel pretty strongly at least Liepold’s DC is coming. And Jones stays for sure. Beyond that I’m not super sure. I really want Leipold’s OL Coach. Very smart guy.

he would be nice for sure but also have heard the current Ol Grimes is pretty dam good himself

• @jayballer67 said in Coach Leipold:

@FarmerJayhawk said in Coach Leipold:

he would be nice for sure but also have heard the current Ol Grimes is pretty dam good himself

Grimes is out, Drake is staying according to a player’s family. More will trickle out soon.

• Elliot is out

• As is DeBord and Coach Ben. I suspect they won’t be the last.

Presser was solid. He’s not particularly charismatic and won’t wow a crowd, but very straightforward, no-nonsense, and just loves football.

@jayballer67 said in Coach Leipold:

Grimes is out, Drake is staying according to a player’s family. More will trickle out soon.

that sucks

As is DeBord and Coach Ben. I suspect they won’t be the last.

Presser was solid. He’s not particularly charismatic and won’t wow a crowd, but very straightforward, no-nonsense, and just loves football.

well just getting to learn DeBord’s offense - - NOW we start on square 1 - - - AGAIN - -SUPER

• @jayballer67 said in Coach Leipold:

As is DeBord and Coach Ben. I suspect they won’t be the last.

well just getting to learn DeBord’s offense - - NOW we start on square 1 - - - AGAIN - -SUPER

Like Coach Leipold said today, no one year stopgaps. Gonna start building the program from the ground up.

• Staff is done. https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1389327323586088960?s=20

Jones, Drake, Jackson retained, everyone else is gone.

• 2Big words that should be drilled home out of his conference that EVERYBODY needs to pay heed to , because these two words are going to be the or two of the most vital things if this program EVER has any chance of turning around. Those words ? - - Continuity & Consistency. --If you can’t get that then the chances of us EVER getting things turned around is zero to NONE.

Probably the 2 biggest words coming of of Coach’s mouth today - - love it. Like he said it’s NOT the kid’s fault

• Brian Borland Defensive Coordinator
    • Kwahn Drake Defensive Line
    • Scott Fuchs Offensive Line
    • Chevis Jackson Cornerbacks
    • Emmett Jones Wide Receivers
    • Andy Kotelnicki Offensive Coordinator
    • Jake Schoonover Special Teams Coordinator
    • Chris Simpson Linebackers
    • Jonathan Wallace Running Backs
    • Jim Zebrowski Quarterbacks

• @FarmerJayhawk you don’t like them?

• @Crimsonorblue22 exact opposite! Really love the offensive staff especially. Fuchs is a terrific OL coach and Zebrowski is a proven developer of QBs. A little surprised Wallace was retained but overall, no complaints.

• Hearing some good stuff behind the scenes. Players and their families had a Zoom last night with all the coaches then breakouts with their position coach. Really getting guys to buy in. Also moving practice to morning which will be a big change.

• They’ve also done a Zoom with Kansas HS coaches. Doing another one tonight with KC area HS coaches.

They’ve also done a Zoom with Kansas HS coaches. Doing another one tonight with KC area HS coaches.

Getting a strong base in the KC area (and in the Wichita area) will be the key to getting back on track. Those are the two areas that obviously will produce the bulk of D1 talent in the state, so you have to hit those hard.

• @justanotherfan said in Coach Leipold:

They’ve also done a Zoom with Kansas HS coaches. Doing another one tonight with KC area HS coaches.

Getting a strong base in the KC area (and in the Wichita area) will be the key to getting back on track. Those are the two areas that obviously will produce the bulk of D1 talent in the state, so you have to hit those hard.

Definitely. Those areas look especially strong in 22/23.

• KU’s defense took a huge blow to the secondary over the weekend as Karon Prunty announced he’s transferring away from KU.

• Was super bummed about that. He told everyone (coaches, teammates) he was definitely coming back. Tamper city.