Joel Embiid: Meet ESPN under reporting!

• ESPN headlines headline picks 1, 2, 4 and 7, but don’t mention Joel at 3, or KU at 1 and 3. You have to drill down in Wigs story for Joel and KU.

ESPN STRIKES AGAIN!!!

• I think you are reading way too much into it. Embiid was not on location so there is no footage of him going on stage like the others; there are plenty of articles about him vis-à-vis the draft on the ESPN web site. Also, his reaction was botched due to satellite delay; ESPN called it one of the top moments of the draft second only to Wiggins going #1, see link below, item 2…

See item 2…

• @JayHawkFanToo Thanks for link. I had heard about the JoJo tape delay reaction. I can only imagine the harsh Philly fans’ blood beginning to boil at the initial shot of Embiid!

I didn’t watch the draft, but rather followed on ESPN and hadn’t heard about the Isaiah Austin story. That’s pretty cool.

• @JayHawkFanToo

Ya know, I wish what you write were true.

But we both know it doesn’t appear to be.

ESPN DOES appear to underreport KU, and over report big market teams, whenever there is a choice between KU and clicks, between KU and eyeballs, between KU and Nike teams.

ESPN didn’t need a feed to make a headline that reported the REAL news of the evening; that KU produced the first and third draft choices and that Embiid was the third round draft choice on a broken foot and coming off a back injury!!!

The first thing that needs to happen with any group that experiences prejudice is for them to become aware of it in the first place, and not accept it as the way things are and have to remain.

Nothing is written.

• @jaybate 1.0

I can only speak for myself and I know what I saw in the ESPN Draft Broadcast and read on its web site.

Maybe we are looking at different web sites and watching different channels. ESPN has had tons of stories on Wiggins and Embiid leading to the draft, particularly on Embiid. Likewise, all the on-air shows have covered extensively both players. During the season, on the NCAAM (Men College basketball) section on its web site, ESPN covered the top players with sections on the main web page dedicated to each player including Wiggins, Parker, Randle and Gordon; shortly after the start of the season they added Embiid and KU was the only school with 2 players; honestly I don’t remember a single time I went to their web site during the season (I go there just about every day) when there was not at least one KU basketball related article. It would not surprise me at all if KU Basketball had the most articles of any prograrm . …so much for KU being unreported.

I watched the entire ESPN draft broadcast and did not feel that KU players and/or program were under reported. There was lots of footage of both players throughout the evening, Had Embiid been there in person, I am sure the coverage would have increased greatly as the presence of both players would have been an added bonus, but unfortunately Embiid was not there; can’t really blame ESP for that, can we?. Did you read the article I posted above? According to ESPN, the top two moments of the draft were about KU players.

Frankly, I am not sure what else you expected; could it be that your fixation with the ShoeCos is getting the best of you?

• @JayHawkFanToo

Did you read my post? I was talking about headlines. 😇

Does this betray your apparent “fixation” on marginalizing discourse about Petro-ShoeCos? 😱

• @jaybate 1.0

There was one headline for Wiggins going first, one for Embiid going third, another one on Philadelphia’s criteria for selecting Embiid, one more on Cleveland counting on Wiggins…should I go on? What else did you expect? These are more headlines than any other school received.

BTW, you did not dispute any of the items I mentioned that refute your hardon for ESPN.

• @JayHawkFanToo

I recall what I opined. 🙂