WIGGINS # 1 and EMBIID # 3

• Wigs to Cavs, Joel to Sixers

THIS IS HUGE FOR KU VISIBILITY and future recruiting.

Way to go gents and God’s speed.

Those who follow the NBA-is this a first?

• I don’t follow nor really care about the league, but will somebody tell me if Philly has the personnel that they can give Joel all the time he needs to heal properly if they don’t trade him? Congrats to both Wiggs and Joel. (beer)

• Well, at least I can still pick a #1. I said behind all the sandbagging, he was still the prettiest girl at this dance. But it took me a few months of post season detox to see it clearly.

I didn’t predict Joel, but I would have said 7-9 because of the injury and been wrong!

KU.,…ON… THE…MAP!!!

• @brooksmd

As far as medical staffs go, it is generally believed that Phoenix has the best medical staff overall. The only staff that I have seen really get any criticism is Chicago. Everyone else is pretty much the same.

The nice thing is that Philly has enough invested in him at 3 to make sure he gets healthy. They let Nerlens Noel miss the entire season with an ACL, when he probably could have played by February or March.

@JayhawkRock78

Anthony Davis and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (Kentucky) went 1-2 just a couple of years ago. I can’t remember any 1-3 combinations off the top of my head. Jay Williams and Mike Dunleavy Jr. (Duke) went 2-3 in 2002.

A check of top 3 draft history has Lew Alcindor and Kansas City legend Lucious Allen (UCLA) going 1-3 in 1969. I don’t see anyone else, but I kind of did that in a rush.

• @jaybate 1.0 thin Nice to have a response to Cali and KY. I really don’t like their OAD model, but this draft shows we are legit in development of players. I hope we can walk the fine line of the OAD, TAD, and others that stay with us longer. I think most on this board love players who stay a long time, if not all 4 years of eligibility RCJH

• @justanotherfan Thanks, I missed that. Wow, 1-2. Most impressive.

• @justanotherfan I was talking along the lines of player personnel. I believe that with the money you invest getting a player that you would spare no expense seeing he gets the best in medical treatment.

• BTW, has everybody seen this?

• @brooksmd As @justanotherfan indicated, they have Nerlens Noel, who sat all of last year. They also have Thaddeus Young (although he has been the subject of some trade rumors) and some other role players in the post.

Interesting that Philly had two lottery picks, and they used their second on a PG, then traded him to Orlando for a Euro post player that they had drafted just a few spots later, and he will stay with his European team for 2 more years. So they had two lottery picks, and it might end up (depending on JoJo’s recovery) that neither of them play for them next year at all.

• @JayhawkRock78

True true!

• Great showing for KU taking #1 and #3. Lots of exposure for the programs as video of game was shown through the night.

Biggest surprise, other than some unknown foreign players being drafted, is how much Cleanthony Early fell. It reminded me of Mario who also fell all the way to the second round…it worked out really well for him though.

• @justanotherfan

##Cha-ching

According to Real GM, Wiggins will receive $14,393,600 during the first three years of his pro career, with years 3-5 being option years. That includes a whopping $4.59 million for the 2014-15 season.

As for Embiid, he’ll receive $11,567,300 during that same time frame, with his rookie year netting him $3.6 million.

• @jaybate 1.0 I guessed Joel would still go at 3-4, if only as trade fodder. Out of 30 teams I believed some GM would roll the dice & see if he’s the next Duncan…or heaven forbid, Bill Walton !!

And if Andrew plans on dressing like that in public very often, let’s hope some “pretty girl” talked him into it or if not, he can bulk up darn quick to offset the mountains of krap the real men at the dance will be stacking on him because of it. That piece was simply gaaawd awful even for a kid !! Hopefully he did it for a damn good, maybe even charitable reason & not because of a vindictive personal statement. Anyone notice was he by chance wearing spats with those “light little loafers” ?

Disclaimer: Gotta be PC guys no malice intended. LOL

• @globaljaybird

“And if Andrew plans on dressing like that in public very often…”

Oh, man… I almost bought that jacket at TJ Max.

What the jacket told me… that Andrew decided to stick out at the big dance was because he already knew he was the #1 pick. If he knew he was #2 or lower, he would have dressed softer.

• @drgnslayr Really, I would’ve guessed it was from Penners at the Landing! LOL! jaybate 1.0 probably is hip to that one. JP Todds at Westport & Broadway back in the late 60’s & 70’s is where we bought our “cartoon clothes” during the rock & roll performing years. Chicks used to dig that krap & we obliged, but it was really tasteless stuff. I hate to admit it but I used to wear snap button embroidered western shirts like you used to see Roy Rogers wear, but, I may add, ONLY for professional purposes !!

• Re: His outfit. Here is an explanation from LJW article:

“You know what his agent told him,” said KU coach Bill Self, who sat at Wiggins’ table in the green room. “‘If you’re gonna be the first pick, you gotta carry something with ya.’ Twenty years from now, they’ll go back and he’ll still be here. So from a marketing standpoint, I think it was a pretty good move.”

Self didn’t stop there.

##“It tells you a little bit about him, how confident he is, because he didn’t care,” he added. “He wanted to stand out. A lot of guys shy away from that, but he didn’t.”

Making a splash was precisely the plan, according to Wiggins, who still had the bright smile but added a look you might expect from someone who said the whole experience “doesn’t even feel real right now.”

“We just wanted to do something different so we could stand out with the style points and going No. 1,” he said.

• @JayhawkRock78 Heck yah! Im very happy for both these guys. It couldnt have happened better. Well I suppose JOJO could have not gotten injured late and gotten picked #2. But still! Its pretty awesome for those two and for KU fans everywhere and for the program. This will do wonders for recruiting, as if its not good enough already.
    Also, I have Wiggs and JOJO’s autographs on a ball I got signed after the second preseason game in early November last year! Anyone Jelly? That ball is going to be worth some big $$ some day and I am lucky to have it. Its mine, precious. peace out fellow KU fans, I’ll post with you all again later this summer. I’m moving to Vermont. bye bye Kansas but I’ll always have KU Basketball where ever I go.

• @Lulufulu85 Good luck on your move. I have AW22’s autograph on my Jayhawk from the game here in Austin. JoJo didn’t sign it as he was not feeling good and had ice on his knee and you’ll remember that was the game Ridley threw him to the ground and we lost bad. He and Jamari were the only ones who did NOT sign.

• @Lulufulu85 Good luck on your move. Hopefully you can find coverage of KU games to help get through the Northeast winters.