Top coach, top talent

• Sporting News named Wayne Selden the No. 5 shooting guard, Perry Ellis the No. 3 power forward, tabbed Cliff Alexander as the No. 3 center, Kelly Oubre the No. 9 small forward in the upcoming 2014-15 season. bleacherreport.com posted an article that Devonte Graham is a candidate for Freshman of the year honors representing the big 12.

Each of these guys have someone on the roster capable of taking their starting positions. A few of them will not even start in November. This year is going to be so awesome and then we get to watch Kansas compete for the USA July 2015! Maybe HCBS can hold a team USA mini camp during Dukes Countdown to Craziness event and lure some of dukes top recruits out of North Carolina (paybacks a Bi@#h)? Maybe Self can use the recruiting nugget to lure in another top 5 class? If he were to pull of the best recruiting class next year and medal KU would be the first DIV 1 basketball team to medal in the history of the games right? Even more history and pedigree to add to our beloved basketball program! Exciting times people!

• Agree! I had been on vacation, and off the grid. When I returned, and read the news about our team representing the USA next summer, I thought I was mis-reading the article at first. The committee that picked us must really like our young talent (and Coach Self). As we do.

• Experienced talent returning + exciting new players joining = More Jayhawk Fun. Yet Another Tourney Run (hopefully Final4). Bill Self keeps swinging for the fences, got a feeling about to deliver…