Bryce Thompson has successful Surgery on Finger

• Self says he’s out at least a month but doesn’t seem like a set timetable.

Tough for Bryce who’s clearly needed in the rotation. Hoping for a speedy recovery

• Bryce was a full go at practice and could play on Thursday night!!!

BIG TIME

• Yeah he needs more experience for next season.

• @BShark

We need him badly now too

• We definitely need him in the rotation, if for nothing else atleast the threat of another potential three which will only help to open things up for Dave.

Yeah, I’ve come around, guess we all have a tendency to get caught up in certain games and moments. Without McCormack our season would have been a hell of alot worse, that is for certain.

• Lots of potential benefits to having Thompson back. The first one has to do with the fact Harris has been underperforming lately, to say the least. Self needs a guard that can spell Garrett or any of the guards without a significant drop in play. Hopefully he can get comfortable again and give this team a boost off the bench. The bench has scored 2, 4 & 11 pts in the last 3. We need more bench production, Thompson can provide that.

• @Marco said in Bryce Thompson has successful Surgery on Finger:

We definitely need him in the rotation, if for nothing else atleast the threat of another potential three which will only helps to open things up for Dave.

Yeah, I’ve come around, guess we all have a tendency to get caught up in certain games and moments. Without McCormack our season would have been a hell of alot worse, that is for certain.

It’s easy to get caught up ,I was some what guilty myself, & I have always been a believer in Dave -but human nature you have to find some scape goat.

The ONLY reason I tried to cling on to faith about Dave was & I have to refer back to before the Season even began , someone in the media at one of those sessions asked Coach they asked - - - Who did he feel had made the biggest improvement strides forward during the off Season , and he said without any hesitation -Oh that has to be David McCormack no question about it - - huge strides.

So I’ve been waiting to see what he was talking about and there have been spot times off and on through the Season -there have been times like you said if he didn’t do what HE DID DO where the hell would we be. Now is Dave a Doke ? - - Hell no , not even close , totally different type of player. No he is not the shot blocker, not an intimidator like Doke on D - - really not fair to try and compare him to Doke. Doke is Doke - - David is David , we got spoiled with Doke.

One thing Dave is - -that Doke isn’t , more mobile/range he IS a guy that can step away further then 3 ft and hit a jumper sometimes - - not what we want to depend on but still just saying he can do that - -getting better little by little on rebounding just needs to be more consistent , BUT hell the guy I think they said over the last couple of weeks is averaging 18 points a game and close to like 7 if not 7 rebounds a game , got to face it - - Dave just isn’t going to be a guy to lead you deep - -deep in a tourney - still kind of gets caught up /sped up if you notice when he slows himslef down a lot better of - -it’s almost like at times he tries to over think things - tries to do TO MUCH. - -Don’t feel bad a lot of us feel or felt the same way about Dave - - I read it on here , and I to an extent am just as guilty. - -Bottom line Dave isn’t Great but he sure isn’t a waste by far either - -we gonna be ok. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer67 You are right. Hopefully, he’ll continue to make strides.

• Bryce was awesome last night. More of that please!

• Bryce is no longer sporting the hand glove. Practiced Sunday without.

• KU is 12-2 with Bryce. Let’s make it 13-2 tonight

• Really would like to see a win tonight.

• Just not sure this group can beat Baylor

• @Kcmatt7 one game at a time.

• Baylor is going down tonight. They are rusty.

• @Marco said in Bryce Thompson has successful Surgery on Finger:

Baylor is going down tonight. They are rusty.

Almost, Iowa St just sucks that much