Odd Season already indeed

• Boy really weird Season already , How long has it been since we have seen where in the top 25 Kentucky has been unranked this early? - - Answer it’s been a long time - - a LONG TIME.

This : - -How many of you TRULY deep down in your heart , objectively feel that KU is the 5th ranked best team in the Nation at this point ? - Love My Jayhawks but I really can’t justify us being the 5th ranked team in the Nation at this point anyways , just not there – not yet anyways. we -we have beat an un-ranked team by 4, - - a talented but very young struggling Kentucky team that’s just not very good at this point , that got their butt handed to them by Georgia Tech , by 3 points on a Neutral floor , we beat Washburn - - I don’t exactly call any of those true Quality win/good winds at this point, we have struggled in two of those game playing really ugly, I just can’t justify a # 5 ranking right now - same being said by many others

I see us more around 8th or 9th right now , not saying we won’t be deserving of that ranking later in the Season or higher but RIGHT NOW - - -no. I realize it’s just a domino effect teams above you losing and such. - - Long Season and it may seem like I’m throwing shade on the guys but not really , not saying we are not a solid club - -just got work to do.

One thing is for sure right now i think pretty wide gap and for good reason between the # 1 & # 2 teams Gonzaga & Baylor and the rest of the field right now I think they are head and shoulders above the pack Agree or Disagree - -it’s all good. - - ROCK CHALK ALLD DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer67

Not a Top 5 team, not even close. Probably around #25 to 30.

10 days until a brutal stretch of Big-12 play starts. Right now this KU team would struggle to compete with all 3 of those teams (Tech, West Virginia, Texas). The next 10 days, very important stretch here for the team to play, practice and develop

• @BeddieKU23 said in Odd Season already indeed:

@jayballer67

Not a Top 5 team, not even close. Probably around #25 to 30.

10 days until a brutal stretch of Big-12 play starts. Right now this KU team would struggle to compete with all 3 of those teams (Tech, West Virginia, Texas). The next 10 days, very important stretch here for the team to play, practice and develop

ya what a way to start Conference play at least 2/3 are home with a smiggin of fans. - -However I do think we are a top 25 but for sure not # 5 just don’t see it. - - I guess were gonna have to play these guys sooner or later so really doesn’t matter when or where. - -Just odd to not see us as a dominant team like previous years.

I think just about every one on these Conference games gonna be a war no give me’s - -K-State might as be as close to any. - Here is a question - how much longer. do they put up with ol squeaky I see they got beat AGAIN by UNLV by 10

Busy wekk again thia week Tues - - -Frid = = & Sunday --Then Conference pay begins dang. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY. - Thanks for your opinion , pretty much agree

• @jayballer67

If they show up tomorrow and beat Creighton I’ll feel a bit better about things. They have shown some fight despite struggles, have won close games.

The biggest issues for this team is not getting enough at PG and from McCormack. Fix both of those issues offensively and this team would be fine. Defensively its going to get bad as the season goes on I fear. No rim protection.

@jayballer67

If they show up tomorrow and beat Creighton I’ll feel a bit better about things. They have shown some fight despite struggles, have won close games.

The biggest issues for this team is not getting enough at PG and from McCormack. Fix both of those issues offensively and this team would be fine. Defensively its going to get bad as the season goes on I fear. No rim protection.

ya I’ll agree with you there for sure, NONE. - - gonna be some real matchup problems with Big’sin the Conference - - WV- - -Texas - - Baylor

• Yeah, if we beat Creighton I’ll feel better about our chances. I would say right now as far as Top 25 we’re in the 18 - 25 range. I feared this might happen, occasional difficulties scoring the ball and defensive struggles. That we will make the tournament there is no doubt, but next year we could be an absolute monster.

• @jayballer67

I’m actually more concerned about guards getting to the rim then I’m concerned about post players in the league having their way inside against KU. I think the lack of rim protection really impacts the way teams will attack them. Going to be a long season defensively. I’m terrified for the league starting in just over a week. I don’t have a good feeling at all

@jayballer67

I’m actually more concerned about guards getting to the rim then I’m concerned about post players in the league having their way inside against KU. I think the lack of rim protection really impacts the way teams will attack them. Going to be a long season defensively. I’m terrified for the league starting in just over a week. I don’t have a good feeling at all

Ya i agree Seems lie Christian gets beat often enough on the drive for one & there are others. Last year it wasn’t as a big of concern because our guards could be more aggressive on the perimetor cause we had our rim protector in Doke. - - Ya know seems like over the years we have gotten beat off the drive A LOT - -but have managed to re-group or have that rim protector.

Ya know I could maybe depending on how the year plays out I could possibly maybe finishing 1st - -OR I could also even see the possibility or 3rd - hell stretching it maybe even 4th. WHY ? - -again I think teams with Big men are going to give us fits. - not saying a team with one big man BUT teams with multiple big mend , that’s where Baylor and WV come to mind and then throw Texas in - -I understand why you could be worried - -time will tell - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer67

The rule changes have made it difficult to guard the perimeter without getting called for a foul. KU’s D 10 years ago looks a lot different then it does now. KU got beat off the dribble last year as well but the mere presence of Doke was often a deterrent. It’s hard to believe McCormack at his size is such a non-factor defending the paint. He has little defensive awareness and just lacks the skill to be an enforcer.

We’ll see how today goes. This is a huge game for this team to show something. Having watched everyone in the Big-12 play so far I would put KU at 6th/7th place right now as far as level of play. This team has more turnovers then assists which is not what you want to see on offense. They are going to have to improve a good deal in the next few weeks to be competitive in the league. I’m prepared for the worst. I hope I’m wrong and Self figures it out as he always does. He needs some help from the players though.

• This post is deleted!