How long ? -- - How long till it gets called

• I think we all know in reality - - It’s coming. Once again our Basketball is going to be shut down. - - Gonzaga is the latest to shut things down cancelling 5 games and try to resume on Dec 17th - -cancelling 5 games. - The article says certainly won’t be the last school saying news could be coming within the next 24 hours.

U Conn , Depaul , - Talk about The ACC/Big 10 ? Challenge could very well have problems - - Michigan - - Michigan St - - North Carolina St & another all having issues I think we have gotten really lucky - - so far In the end I don’t think there will be much of a Season. - - A lot of people thought we should of started later- -I just doesn’t look good

• @jayballer67 thanks for keeping it real. I feel prepared thanks to you @drgnslayr and others’ reminders that shut down is likely

• It will soon be disgraceful to continue. At best… this year would crown a champion with an asterisk. Today I watched Xavier (5-0) vs Cincinnati (1-0). Not exactly as originally planned. There will be many lopsided situations, and then venues without fans, with some fans.

It is already getting to the point where I ask, “what are we trying to prove?”

Meanwhile, the bug runs wild. I don’t see how we avoid mass shutdowns all over the country. At least the election is over and this seems to be slowly becoming less about politics and more about the true medical nightmare it is proving to be.

I am hopeful this will be the last D1 basketball season with this many problems… but it will be up to us to step up and do the right things.

• There’s over 400 million in revenue for the NCAA to gain by having a season and tournament. Just remember money is all that matters

• Vaccine on its way!

• But players, given their age and health, will be among the last to get vaccinated. College students overall will be among the last to get the vaccine since older adults, health workers and those at higher risk will be among the first to receive the vaccine. That makes it hard for the vaccine to really benefit sports unless they allow athletes to move up the line.

The only problem with that is that we don’t have a lot of doses to go around initially, so it doesn’t make sense to prioritize lower risk populations.

• Yeah, wonder if they will make exceptions? 2 dose after 30 days anyway.

• @Crimsonorblue22 said in How long ? -- - How long till it gets called:

Vaccine on its way!

even with it being on the way - it’s going to be a while before John Q Public get’s any. - -1st doses has been said is going to your front line health care workers Dr’s and such, then it is going to go to Elderly over 65 years of age that are High risk , then others over the age of 65 after that - -the question becomes what about the Children? - -when do they get it. We don’t need to try and hear excuses that Children aren’t at risk - -we have had little one’s die from this , they too are human beings when do they get their protection from this?

• And then consider that the vaccine won’t be mandated to the general public so it will be based on participation. As of now, maybe 40% will go for it. That might slow it down but won’t stop it enough to take it off the radar screen.

I believe the Patriot Act has a provision allowing for mandating inoculations if it is considered a national security risk.

It will be interesting as this plays out. I can see the possibility of this getting very ugly.

I heard that professional athletes will bump to the top because of their potential for high spread and might be considered “essential” for the sanity of the country. Not sure of this info being factual.

• There is no vaccine for kids yet.

There is no vaccine for kids yet.

and that’s sad

• @drgnslayr said in How long ? -- - How long till it gets called:

And then consider that the vaccine won’t be mandated to the general public so it will be based on participation. As of now, maybe 40% will go for it. That might slow it down but won’t stop it enough to take it off the radar screen.

I believe the Patriot Act has a provision allowing for mandating inoculations if it is considered a national security risk.

It will be interesting as this plays out. I can see the possibility of this getting very ugly.

I heard that professional athletes will bump to the top because of their potential for high spread and might be considered “essential” for the sanity of the country. Not sure of this info being factual.

Wouldn’t be the first time (even in THIS pandemic!) that sports got moved to the front of the line. Totally agree with your “not sure what we are trying to prove” line.

• There are so many people that won’t take it.

• @jayballer67 said in How long ? -- - How long till it gets called:

@Crimsonorblue22 said in How long ? -- - How long till it gets called:

There is no vaccine for kids yet.

and that’s sad

They have not done a vaccine trial for children. It is possible that the current vaccine(s) could work for kids (all three, or any of the three). They just haven’t been tested yet.

Under normal circumstances, that would have been part of the testing trials, but since they are working to get this out ASAP, they have worked to clear it for adults immediately, then work on the issue with kids, which seems smart because you can start distributing vaccines now rather than running a U18 trial and delaying the release of the vaccine.

There are so many people that won’t take it.

I’m really not sure that i would take it myself if you want to be honest. - -At least right now

There are so many people that won’t take it.

I would have hesitated if it was part of some political “October surprise” but everything I’m seeing now has me stepping right up.

• Heard 2 had allergic reactions. Which is warned ahead of time.