Then we have this , kind of interesting something has to happen/ Triple Option ?

• Well ran across this article from one of my other KU Groups. Written by Kevin Fielder from the 5th Quarter.

He starts out throwing out some stats , talking about how we are being beaten by an average 24 points a game , How this offense of ours is only averaging 15 points a game and saying how this just can not continue.

He goes into KU’S recruiting problems saying , that KU faces a problem familiar for smaller P-5 schools have. They are surrounded by Texas , Oklahoma , Colorado , Missouri , Nebraska trying to recruit and often losing out to these Schools in Neighboring States , and without the ability to convince top ranked players to commit , forcing KU to fight for Scraps, leaving it with less talented then it’s Big 12 Counterparts.

Fielder says the solution for this existent problem lies in outside the Box if Jeff Long wants to find success on the field then the Jayhawks would be best to abandon all normal avenues of thinking and think outside the box , and that outside the box thinking would be with the hire of Army Head Coach Jeff Monken and the " TRIPLE OPTION " Monken at Army is 46-37 since 2014 and has taken Army to 3 bowl game wins since he has been there - -10 win Season in 2017, 1st time they had a 10 win Season since 1996.

Monken served under Paul Johnson at Hawaii - - Navy - - Georgia Southern - - & Georgia Tech. Fielder says operating outside the box with Monken gives the Jayhawks with an opportunity to recruit underrated prospects with certain traits instead of certain talents.

The inherent advantage would potentially come on the filed, where the Jayhawks would be a threat on any given Saturday.

Read the comments on the follow up from fans , surprising how many thought this was a good idea - - some wondering why we haven’t done this earlier - others saying if Les couldn’t get this turned around in his 5 years then they would like to see this. - -Hell I dunno – Maybe , BUT I’m not ready to give up on Les yet , just seems like the same old story - -Oh let’s change Coach’s - you just can’t keep doing that or you will NEVE get any kind of Continunity - -what do you think ? - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer67

There are definitely some advantages to thinking outside the box like that in the short term. It likely gets KU moving towards .500 or better within a couple of years.

The downside is where you go from there. There is a definite cap on the types of players you can recruit offensively into that scheme. We saw this at Ga. Tech - they were solid basically the entire time Johnson was there - two double digit win seasons in 11 years, and only two seasons without a bowl berth, but generally good for 7-9 wins (six such seasons). That is absolutely better than anything KU has seen in over a decade, but it makes it nearly impossible to change styles without tripping up everything you have built.

• I’ve been saying this to buddies for awhile. Honestly even a single back under center type attack with option and triple option with a receiver in motion would be better. We’ve seen Synder at KSU be successful with a funky run style with option and some passing. Ku can’t out recruit all of these surrounding schools in this spread RPO system. Les Miles knows how to develop and recruit defense. A more running style offense will help rest the defense and limit possessions.

• @justanotherfan said in Then we have this , kind of interesting something has to happen/ Triple Option ?:

@jayballer67

There are definitely some advantages to thinking outside the box like that in the short term. It likely gets KU moving towards .500 or better within a couple of years.

The downside is where you go from there. There is a definite cap on the types of players you can recruit offensively into that scheme. We saw this at Ga. Tech - they were solid basically the entire time Johnson was there - two double digit win seasons in 11 years, and only two seasons without a bowl berth, but generally good for 7-9 wins (six such seasons). That is absolutely better than anything KU has seen in over a decade, but it makes it nearly impossible to change styles without tripping up everything you have built.

Agree for sure better then KU has seen in for - - long time - I dunno , not saying it’s right - - not saying it’s wrong for sure , but hell something to think about , maybe at least make us more competitive - just tired of the blow outs and not even challenge - yet not ready for sure giving up with the /Mad Hater - it just tkaes time and I think a lot of people want that instant fix

• @jayhawks2010 said in Then we have this , kind of interesting something has to happen/ Triple Option ?:

I’ve been saying this to buddies for awhile. Honestly even a single back under center type attack with option and triple option with a receiver in motion would be better. We’ve seen Synder at KSU be successful with a funky run style with option and some passing. Ku can’t out recruit all of these surrounding schools in this spread RPO system. Les Miles knows how to develop and recruit defense. A more running style offense will help rest the defense and limit possessions.

It’s for sure that would be something to think about - - want to still give Les his chance to turn this around , and i think he is getting his recruits to do that. Just his 2nd year and only his 1st full year of his recruiting this year - still working with Beatys mess, but something that cold be an option in the future - -who knows? - -couldn’t be any worse off then we are now