Chargers at SoFi Stadium

• Well, this should be fun. Everyone is raving about the new stadium. Anyone worried the Chiefs may be looking ahead to the Ravens? I thought Edwards-'elaire looked a bit like Barry Sanders.

• While in the years past this would be a perfect trap game, with Reid and Mahomes I do not see the team looking ahead.

My concern is with injuries on the D side, Chargers will try to slow down the game, lot of runs, to minimize # of possessions.

• @AsadZ how bout buttkicker? That’s about all I can say? Flag flag flag that pass and catch to Tyreek was special. Pat was just off first half, D stunk. Offsides and holds🤬 never out of it though! They have a nice young qb!

• Best kicker in the league.

• Offensive line got completely worked. Didn’t call holds when the Chargers were grabbing Jones and Clark. 🤔

• Lordy, I don’t think I can take another day like this.

Both of my teams (Chiefs & Seahawks) win on the last play of the game.

Pass the lisinopril please.

• Well, that was fun. But, with 90 yards of penalties against the Chiefs and 40 against the Chargers, the refs seemed to be throttling the Chiefs’ offense. I wonder if the Chiefs aren’t getting overconfident and just believing that the offense will always be able to score at the end to win the game.

• Two more things, I don’t think the Chiefs want their half billion dollar QB leading the team in rushing yardage. The Chiefs are 3 point dogs next week for Monday Night Football. Can’t wait.

• @stoptheflop 🤷♀

• @stoptheflop me either, hope to get some D guys back!

• @Crimsonorblue22 Nice come from behind game. I was not expecting it to be such a close game. The Chiefs D was offguard with the rookie QB.

He is pure ice, glad that he is signed till 2024.

• @AsadZ said in Chargers at SoFi Stadium:

I was not expecting it to be such a close game.

Neither were the gamblers! 94% of bettors were on KC to cover the 9 pt spread. Ouch…

• I dunno , could be mistaking but to me just seemed like the Chiefs came out flat , just plain pure simple flat.

They got lucky , can’t afford to have those types of mistakes later in the year. Good team to be able to play that flat and still find away to win the game. - That’s what good teams do. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Need to make a major draft capital investment in the offensive line in 2021. Just my two cents.

I also think Pat missed Hill early 1v1 and then Hill has a costly drop. Couldn’t get in a rhythm and the the Chargers were able to kill clock.

Herbert looked like he will be a solid QB. Played with “it.”

• @jayballer67 The Chiefs were flat or overconfident.

• @Kcmatt7 Need to invest in LBs as well, folks who can stop the run.

• @AsadZ said in Chargers at SoFi Stadium:

@Kcmatt7 Need to invest in LBs as well, folks who can stop the run.

Hitchens contract was a killer. But definitely need to fine a tackling machine to play up the middle.

Thornhill will be looking for a job too if he keeps playing like he did this week.

• No. 56 Ben Niemann is a back up linebacker who played a lot against Houston. I thought he was terrible the first game, but didn’t see him in the second game because I was at a sports bar and my old eyes can’t come close to identifying players by number due to screen distance. ESPN stats say he had 9 tackles/5 solo against the Chargers, so maybe he’s alright or getting better. The Chiefs will have to play much better to compete with the Ravens.

• Chiefs did invest in OL in this draft but the rookie has opted to sit out the season as a precaution.

• @AsadZ I guess I mean more like a first round pick on an OL. Or multiple OL in a draft. You don’t want to find out when Fisher or Schwartz are on the downhill. Best to go find a replacement early.

• @stoptheflop nobody tackled well… We get Pennel back this week and Saunders is supposed to be back week 5. So I think our fully stocked DL will help our LBs at some point. But we need to find a Hitchens replacement after the season. I think Gay will come around given time. Still need that 3 down MLB though.

• @Kcmatt7 said in Chargers at SoFi Stadium:

@stoptheflop nobody tackled well… We get Pennel back this week and Saunders is supposed to be back week 5. So I think our fully stocked DL will help our LBs at some point. But we need to find a Hitchens replacement after the season. I think Gay will come around given time. Still need that 3 down MLB though.

Gay did get a piece of that punt, and has been doing well on special teams overall. I think he will catch on in time, but with no minicamp, he’s just not ready yet.

Another guy that hasn’t been sharp is Juan Thornhill. I wonder how much not being at the facility has hampered his recovery from last year’s injury.

• @justanotherfan yea I said something about Thornhill earlier. He looks off.

Still think the Chiefs were really smart to keep the same group together as much as possible under the circumstances.

• Chiefs need to score early and get a quick lead of 2-3 scores and make Ravens Offense into throwing mode as our D is much better against the pass. If Ravens get the running game going it will be a tough and long day for Chiefs D.

• Definitely can’t come out flat again.

• It seems that they are trying too hard to be more balanced, mix more run into their offense. And hey, I’m all for it, and Clyde was a steal. But don’t forget your identity and what won you a Super Bowl.

• @Marco But, Mahomes can’t keep running the ball like he did in the second half against the Chargers. Mahomes ran the ball 6 times to Clyde’s 10 rushes. I know Mahome’s rushes were just taking advantage of what the defense was giving up, but the half billion dollar man can’t be lost to a hard tackle on a rushing play.

Thank you for the “Clyde” moniker; I’ve been using variations of his last name, all of which take too long to type. So, Clyde it is. The Chiefs have to rush Clyde more than 10 times a game.

• @stoptheflop You got me, that’s why I say Clyde.

• CEH is a stud, but just his presence changes the game. Don’t force the run with him if it isn’t there.